Remove trees in Mission Editor

Jarlerus

Hi.

I'd like a function in the mission editor for removing trees, just as FARPs do, but only with more control over it. And without having to use a FARP of course.

This could be an simple addition, and it would make mission making more interesting, as we could use more parts of the map for missions.

Examples of use: Clearing hilltops for FOBs and unit-emplacements or clearing ground for camps in forests.

//Jarl

You can use the ME to Place a trigger wich removes scenery objects?

Learned this myself just a day or two ago.

Place a zone and name it then put a trigger, Check under ACTIONS, you´ll find "SCENERY REMOVE OBJECTS ZONE, choose the named zone of your choosing.

Tada!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vincere Est Totum

You can use the ME to Place a trigger which removes scenery objects?

Place a zone and name it then put a trigger, Check under ACTIONS, you´ll find "SCENERY REMOVE OBJECTS ZONE, choose the named zone of your choosing.

Tada!

Nice, that worked!

Not the most precise tool, but it's precisely what I was looking for. :)

I withdraw my request ^^' .

//Jarl

Not only trees but all objects on airfields. It's weird to see Ilyuchins or Mi-8 on US coalition fields in Caucasus.

The same for the generic company of heavy planes on the airport of Las-Vegas.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Tada!

you are my man!!!!! exactly what i am looking for. . . thank you very very much for sharing this!!!!!!! :-)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tada!

Could someone kindly show step by step for a new DCS guy how to do this?

I can’t do it and have seen multiple ME videos now to try to learn it.

/baudie

Hi SUNTSAG

Thank you for the attempt. Got me closer and thought I made all steps now / but still trees in the map. Maybe I cant do it for the map and have to do the step for all missions?

I would still appreciate to make this an option in the game, so it is an option for all and not only for the guys who have played this game for long and knows how to make new missions etc.

\Baudie

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks for that neat trick guys!

I just stumbled upon that thread searching for a way to remove a bunch of trees in the scenery.

From my understanding, the trigger removes the whole vector area filled with trees and does not allow any finer control.

Similarly I don't think there would be a way to add trees unless ED provides a vector tool we could use in the ME.

That's exactly how it's done in X-Plane World Editor as you can define a polygon filled with a given type of vegetation.

So here's what happened when I attempted to remove a few trees around that tiny airfield.

So as mentioned in a previous post, it's not a precise tool/trick but it could definitely help shaping an area.

Thanks again!

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 2 months later...

For creating our own airport we would really appreciate to remove the objects in multiplayer.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Thanks for that neat trick guys!

I just stumbled upon that thread searching for a way to remove a bunch of trees in the scenery.

From my understanding, the trigger removes the whole vector area filled with trees and does not allow any finer control.

Similarly I don't think there would be a way to add trees unless ED provides a vector tool we could use in the ME.

That's exactly how it's done in X-Plane World Editor as you can define a polygon filled with a given type of vegetation.

So here's what happened when I attempted to remove a few trees around that tiny airfield.

So as mentioned in a previous post, it's not a precise tool/trick but it could definitely help shaping an area.

Thanks again!

where is this little airfield located? ? which area?