JTAC Task mesg query

GazAce

Hey good Pilots,

Just a little puzzled here as to why JTAC sometimes sends that very helpful Task Mesg that you acknowledge via your TAD and CDU and sometimes they don’t. I built a mission with JTAC triggers and stuff and it all worked fine. Axeman sent correct co-ords for my two enemy column targets and after all were taken out gave me the you may depart good job etc. i just can’t work out how to get that really cool little red triangle that pops up in your TAD after Mesg is sent, it’s so much easier to Hook onto it, create as SPI then slave all your sensors to it. I checked my JTAC method of locating targets and it was set to Auto. So I’m not sure what I need to do to receive that Task Mesg. I also just had a look at page 320 of the Wags Manual and it said SADL equiped AC May send this ATTACK Mesg. Is this why perhaps I’m not receiving that type of mesg.. because mine is a ground unit?

Any advice, much appreciated

Cheers G

:book:

Edited by GazAce
afterthought

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I can reccommend you the tactical traning qualification campaign by Maple Flag. There you can learn every aspect of the work with a JTAC.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/shop/campaigns/a-10c_ttq_campaign/

Honestly, I can reccommend you all three campaigns to learn how to master the A10C. You think you can already a lot. Let instructor Sabre teach you the truth :D

Not all units have SADL capability.

Thanks kindly for reply

thumbup.gif

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I can reccommend you the tactical traning qualification campaign by Maple Flag. There you can learn every aspect of the work with a JTAC.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/shop/campaigns/a-10c_ttq_campaign/

Honestly, I can reccommend you all three campaigns to learn how to master the A10C. You think you can already a lot. Let instructor Sabre teach you the truth :D

Thanks Emuyen, appreciate your reply mate.

I have every A-10C campaign released and completed about %70 of them and I must say all of them have been awesome! I was half way through the Basic Qual Train and then after that's done I plan to move on to Advanced Qual and then finish with Tactical but with the recent 2.5 Beta release, I thought no point really. I'm waiting just a little longer till more bugs are ironed out and then I'll take the plunge and carry on with those Training missions and probably I'll re do those missions like Enemy Within and Piercing Fury etc just to see how great they play in the shiny new map. I'm not thinking it will be anytime soon though as there's lot of work for the guys at ED to get through, just by reading what's happening atm. Although the latest bunch of fixes in the last week or so are very promising and it shows they are working hard to get this thing in full vers, I think we have to remember hey it's free man! Anyway, sorry a bit off topic, but things are looking up and I can't wait to see how it feels.

Thanks again, cheers G

thumbup.gif

I'm currently flying Stone Shield campaign (at mission #10 now) and it is quite simple but some missions are not so easy. No JTAC/FAC interaction although.

Cool splash!

Sounds like your nearly finished.

Can I ask you if you don't mind, are you flying in 2.5 Beta or the previous vers and if in 2.5 Beta, how's it handling?

smile.gif

IIRC, you need to check a little box called "datalink" under the advanced waypoint options of the jtac unit for it to be able to send you data.

Umm yep always have that ticked. Thanks anyway.

Cheers Kyle

• 4 months later...
Cool splash!

Sounds like your nearly finished.

Can I ask you if you don't mind, are you flying in 2.5 Beta or the previous vers and if in 2.5 Beta, how's it handling?

smile.gif

I am flying 2.5 openbeta all the time and funished this campaign without any issues.