Graphics Settings

Avio

Just installed both World 1.5 and 2.0. I have an ASUS G20 that comes with GTX 1080.

Tried max out all sliders and found there is slight stutter when in external view, and some stutter when in cockpit view in World 1.5.

Which settings should I dial back a little but yet have an excellent graphic setup? Thanks.

Avio

Make sure focus setting is off on the settings page for external views.

Not in front of the pc at the moment, but I have the GTX 1070 and run everything on High and Ultra,

2.0 runs better, Check your Nvidia settings too. 4x (supersample) I think? Will check

I run at 2560x1440 with Gsync, 16x anisotropic, 16x Antialiasing etc

At this screen res, going higher doesn't do much.

50+ frames low over Vegas, full throttle in the F15, outside Vegas 100+

Getting better as ED is doing more optimizing.

Settings1.thumb.jpg.41059fb33fe04928938f704e5276cb05.jpg

Nvidia1.jpg.3ad8cb2471458fb41a9b517fccbe0e7b.jpg

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

A few that hit performance hard are: Depth of Field, Visibility Range, Terrain Shadows, MSAA, Anisotorpic Filtering, Water quality. Try settings like mine and see how it runs.

Don't forget the Rearview mirrors.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

On another related issue, I noticed the cockpit panel labels and texts seem kind of fuzzy and not very clear when viewed from a distance away. It only gets much clearer when zoomed in a lot closer. Any way to make the texts and labels clearer when viewed from a normal cockpit zoomed out setting?

Avio

Had searched the forum and tried various different in-game settings as well as Nvidia Inspector (latest version) settings but just didn't seem to be able to get rid of in-cockpit and terrain / objects shimmering.

Anyone managed to get rid of these?

Am able to get rather good FPS ranging from 40+ to 200, even with high in-game graphics settings.

Avio

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things that I wasn't sure about Nor, could I find much information on....

aspect ratio:???

my screen is the ViewSonic 27 inch HD widescreen I always thought it was supposed be 16/10 but then other times I've seen guys and there's are 1.77777777 or 1.444444

Never understood that one .

Oh I always make sure Vsynk is unchecked.as my monitor does not have that high of a refresh rate and that Caps all of my frame rates to 60mhtz.

• 1 year later...

Very interesting thread and would be nice there would be a thread to compare to different settings.

I play now DCS in WQHD with a GTX 1080 and a 38" ultrawidescreen.

A few that hit performance hard are: Depth of Field, Visibility Range, Terrain Shadows, MSAA, Anisotorpic Filtering, Water quality. Try settings like mine and see how it runs.

Would be very interested to see your settings. Could you post a screenshot of your settings.

Which settings you recommend to set on maximum for my GTX 1080?

Thanks and cheers

Thomas

Would be very interested to see your settings. Could you post a screenshot of your settings.

Which settings you recommend to set on maximum for my GTX 1080?

Thanks and cheers

Thomas

Must've deleted pic of settings when I ran out of room. These are my settings for 2.2. For the most part happy except with having to turn shadows down and MSAA only at 2. Started off with in game MSAA off when any amount of MSAA killed performance but now it seems I can get away with 2X. With 1.5 I use MSAA 4X.

My specs are I7 6700K, GTX 970, 16gig RAM with 27" 2K.

Edited by cthulhu68

The trees! Drop down the trees slider as much as you can. In 1.5 that is key to maximize FPS if you don't have a very powerful CPU.

I have an i7 3770K + GTX 1080, and it's pretty difficult to get 60+ FPS on the ground at Kobuleti.

Cranking the trees slider down to 0 gives me 100+ FPS. Up to 100% and it goes to < 30FPS.

I hope it gets better in 2.5 (it seems that's gonna be the case :))

Must've deleted pic of settings when I ran out of room. These are my settings for 2.2. For the most part happy except with having to turn shadows down and MSAA only at 2. Started off with in game MSAA off when any amount of MSAA killed performance but now it seems I can get away with 2X. With 1.5 I use MSAA 4X.

My specs are I7 6700K, GTX 970, 16gig RAM with 27" 2K.

I've got 7700K, GTX 1060 6gig ram and 1980x1020 42"

I was struggling with 40-50fps with alot of stuff on low and medium +horrible antiliasing. Just tried your settings on updated 2.2 and I almost fell out of my chair. I'm pushing 110-120 now. Not much shimmer and to be honest, graphics quite pleasant.

It must be a fluke, hope it is still there next time I open up Open Alpha.

*I must admit, this is in simple Check Ride mission, (i.e. no explosions or CBU's going off) but the stated 40 - 50 fps was in same type flight.

Edited by jimcarrel

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig