Midnight train to Georgia bugged

I flew this mission a while back and the problems are still there.

Neither does the JTAC have any targets for me, nor does the AI SEAD flight do its job.

With the current subpar WHOT/BHOT TGP modes, looking for Tunguskas at night is not very successful.

No matter how I play this mission, fly within the waypoint time frames or loiter for god knows how long while a pretty static battle rages below,

I simply cannot finnish this mission.

I flew this mission a while back and the problems are still there.

Neither does the JTAC have any targets for me, nor does the AI SEAD flight do its job.

With the current subpar WHOT/BHOT TGP modes, looking for Tunguskas at night is not very successful.

No matter how I play this mission, fly within the waypoint time frames or loiter for god knows how long while a pretty static battle rages below,

I simply cannot finnish this mission.

Here is a repaired mission were it should all work correctly, just tested Jtac and so long as you contact him on 140.000 am he responds and gives targets, also lighting adjusted and SEAD flights do take out some tunguskas before being shot down.

------------------------

Mission - MIDNIGHT TRAIN TO GORGIA.miz

------------------------

- Triggers

- Added Win and Loss messages.

- Adjusted Light Candle drops to proper height 1500m and at 5 minute intervals

-

- Waypoints

- All CAS aircrafts set to cas -a -x and Engage in zones set.

- All SEAD aircrafts set to sead -a -x and Engage in zones set.

- Added "Switch waypoint" commands to make all attack aircraft loiter around Battle area until Loss or Win condition then disable via Flag 9999

-

- Units

- Adjusted timing on Sead to arrive when area lit up

-

------------------------ Done - (Could use a little more work)

Other A-10c missions are also broken, have fixed most of them and are available on request.

Regards, Ian.

Midnight Train to Georgia.miz

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for this

If you are still around I wanted to say thanks, I am practicing night flying with this mission and your version seems to be working fine in OpenBeta 2.5 :thumbup:

One issue I have is that I am equipped with 2xAGM65-H which seem useless at night, I have tried the force correlate method but not having any luck.

You mentioned you have fixed other missions, I am interested in these if you still have them available. My usual training mission is the Shooting Gallery but it is almost impossible to see some of the targets in 2.5 thanks to the new trees everywhere. The T-55 group is hidden and there is a group of trucks for example that are effortlessly speeding through a dense woodland.

If you are still around I wanted to say thanks, I am practicing night flying with this mission and your version seems to be working fine in OpenBeta 2.5 :thumbup:

One issue I have is that I am equipped with 2xAGM65-H which seem useless at night, I have tried the force correlate method but not having any luck.

You mentioned you have fixed other missions, I am interested in these if you still have them available.

My usual training mission is the Shooting Gallery but it is almost impossible to see some of the targets in 2.5 thanks to the new trees everywhere. The T-55 group is hidden and there is a group of trucks for example that are effortlessly speeding through a dense woodland.

Firstly your welcome, regarding the agm65-H, I can never remember which versions do what, I would have been learning the A-10c at the time most likely.

All of my fixed missions sets and campaigns are available on the ED site under user downloads:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=MadDog-IC&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

The missions are mostly going to suffer the forest issues if they involve CAS strikes, FARPS or ground units.

I wish I could fix all missions instantly with a magic wand, but alas I am but one man and no magician or wizard. Those mission sets would have taken thousands of hours to correct, probably need half of that time again to make them usable for DCS 2.5.

Myself, Eagle Dynamics and countless other people are busy doing what they can to get all types of missions and campaigns converted to a DCS 2.5 version. I am currently correcting the Su-25T Georgian Oil War campaign (100 missions) at a pace of 2 to 4 hours per mission, that gives you an idea of work involved.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Thank you

U da man MD!

:thumbup:

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

U da man MD!

:thumbup:

Cheers mate, I must admit I can't stop drooling over the new effects and lighting now that the Su-25t campaign missions start in summer of 1990, then autumn and finally winter of 1990-1991. Getting some nice sunrises and sunsets that never seen before.

Looking forward to getting these and other modules versions out in near future.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

Cheers mate, I must admit I can't stop drooling over the new effects and lighting now that the Su-25t campaign missions start in summer of 1990, then autumn and finally winter of 1990-1991. Getting some nice sunrises and sunsets that never seen before.

Looking forward to getting these and other modules versions out in near future.

Regards, Ian.

With comments like that I’m seriously thinking of installing 2.5 Beta now, was going to wait a little longer but I’m startin to crack lol

;)

:: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 (C Drive) :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA (D Drive) :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 Mon :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

With comments like that I’m seriously thinking of installing 2.5 Beta now, was going to wait a little longer but I’m startin to crack lol

;)

It isn't all beers and skittles, DCS 2.5 has some issues, so I would recommend you hang onto DCS 1.58 also if you want to play old missions in caucasus map until 2.5 catches up and gets more stable. If your playing NTTR or Normandy missions I don't know why you haven't downloaded and installed 2.5 yet, fair enough if you don't like BETAs and the issues they can bring.

In new caucasus map seems to runs better than 1.58 ever did, even on all high settings (YMMV).

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

It isn't all beers and skittles, DCS 2.5 has some issues, so I would recommend you hang onto DCS 1.58 also if you want to play old missions in caucasus map until 2.5 catches up and gets more stable. If your playing NTTR or Normandy missions I don't know why you haven't downloaded and installed 2.5 yet, fair enough if you don't like BETAs and the issues they can bring.

In new caucasus map seems to runs better than 1.58 ever did, even on all high settings (YMMV).

Regards, Ian.

Sounds good, that’s a reassuring fact. Cool!

I really enjoyed all the Campaigns in the Caucasus map, they were the best and I’m going redo them too. You reckon a full wipe of both my DCS versions for a nice clean install is the way to go? I’ve heard of a few different ways to do it but that seems to make the most sense.

:book:

Sounds good, that’s a reassuring fact. Cool!

I really enjoyed all the Campaigns in the Caucasus map, they were the best and I’m going redo them too.

You reckon a full wipe of both my DCS versions for a nice clean install is the way to go? I’ve heard of a few different ways to do it but that seems to make the most sense.

:book:

Me being the cautious dude that I am, and for other reasons:

• I kept DCS 1.58 stable and disabled the autoupdater for that version, I updated my DCS 1.58 OB to DCS 2.5 OB and then deleted DCS 2.2.
  • If your updating from DCS 1.58 OB to DCS 2.5 OB and have DCS 2.2 installed, leave all versions in place temporarily so install can copy stuff from other installs, saving on downloading nevada and normandy maps (total install would be about 107gb roughly), etc and then delete DCS 2.2 after.
  • If your doing a fresh install of DCS 2.5 OB, do as you please, wipe the existing DCS 1.58 OB and DCS 2.2 versions before or after the install depending on if you want a total fresh download from servers or have some files copied from other versions saving on download size.

Till missions get updated in Caucusas map on DCS 2.5 OB, you may have to play with trees set to 0 in settings, so that all ground targets are visable and not in trees.

Regards, Ian.

DCS Tech Support.

• 2 years later...
Here is a repaired mission were it should all work correctly

It's 3.5 years later, but I'm having the exact same problem. I'm happy to have found this, but blown away that this was known and fixed literally years ago and nobody bothered to incorporate the updated mission into the actual module. Another night wasted troubleshooting instead of playing.