AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of this only shows the lack of caring and comunication between ED and the comunity, it has always been like that. If not, I dont´t understand how is possible that people don´t even know in what versions the product they pursached will work. Wait and see is not a serious nor professional way to answer to the people that had already spend their money.

Edited by AKULA_OPTIMUS
Grammar errors

I meant 1.5 and 2.1 but nice try :)

A little man hug for you sir...

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8816-1416247642-4.gif

Just ready for the great merge my friend, but equally excited about finally flying a well modeled Harrier in DCS. This will definitely prime me for the Cherry Point Airshow in May and tide me over until the other releases. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

All of this only shows the lack of caring and comunication between ED and the comunity, it has always been like that. If not, I dont´t understand how is possible that people don´t even know in what versions the product they pursached will work. Wait and see is not a serious nor professional way to answer to the people that had already spend their money.

There has been plenty of information and absolutely zero missing communication to me. I have seen RAZBAM developers and Moderators/Community Managers being very active on this topic and they have answered most questions here whenever they could.

I know when the Harrier will be released as an EA module and what it will miss on EA and what not thanks to the Pocket Guide feauturing 106 pages. There are also plenty of videos previewing the aircraft on YouTube in multiple languages.

The million dollar question which version the Harrier will see first is up to ED as they are the ones releasing an update to their sim.

So wait and see :)

• Like 1

If not, I dont´t understand how is possible that people don´t even know in what versions the product they pursached will work.

Because people are people. You could make a entire website telling people repeatedly what version the aircraft and in what version it will work on and people will still ask right after the same questions (like this website for example).

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

No point guessing, I have been testing both versions, wait for Wednesday.

This seems pretty clear to me

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

The only answer that I've received is wait and see, so I don't know how can you be pleased with the communication with ED

Enviado desde mi Lenovo Z90a40 mediante Tapatalk

Wait and see what happens.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

The only answer that I've received is wait and see, so I don't know how can you be pleased with the communication with ED

Maybe you should read the answers that weren’t specially to you but answered many other questions. Not everybody’s questions will always be answered. There are too many of us and to few of them for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems pretty clear to me

Clear what? That he tested the harrier in both versions and it works? Ok, but that doens´t tell you anything about the release date of each version, so its not clear at all.

The module will be released in "X" versions of the game, "X" date for version "X", and "X" date for version "X", is as easy as that, I don´t understand why they dont say things this way,

Because people are people. You could make a entire website telling people repeatedly what version the aircraft and in what version it will work on and people will still ask right after the same questions (like this website for example).

Exactly, thats why things must be said as clear as possible, no mistery or mistake.

• ED Team

It will most likely be 1.5.8

planned for Wednesday 29th

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
But Czich stated that 1.5.8 will be delayed to 2018?

Am I missing something?

that was a miss communication

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but who cares when it comes out in which version? Ever since NTTR came out, new modules have always been released into both branches within a few weeks, sometimes just one week in between. So if (and that's a completely hypothetical "if") it came out in 2.1 first, so what? Those who don't have NTTR/Normandy yet would have to wait a couple weeks, probably just one.

Getting pretty sick of people who twist every single word and announcement into "miscommunication" and "betrayal" and "IF THAT HAPPENS THEN...!!!". Get a life.

• Like 1

Agreed Yurgon. Seems many people are recreationally outrage...:D I guess that makes me recreationally outrage at recreationally outrage people.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

Ok so me and my friends have been discussing the Harrier for a bit now.

One guy insisted the Harrier has no rudder movement in hover mode because there's obviously no airflow on the rudders; and we are unsure if the nozzles allow for Yaw. So; does the Harrier do Yaw the same way a hovering helicopter does ? Nozzle direction changes ?

The answer was posted several times, let me try to find it...they explain it better than I can.

To whom it may concern,

Ok so me and my friends have been discussing the Harrier for a bit now.

One guy insisted the Harrier has no rudder movement in hover mode because there's obviously no airflow on the rudders; and we are unsure if the nozzles allow for Yaw. So; does the Harrier do Yaw the same way a hovering helicopter does ? Nozzle direction changes ?

The carrier has reaction control nozzles on the wing tips the tail and under the nose. Those provides pitch, yaw and roll control when in hover mode.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

The carrier has reaction control nozzles on the wing tips the tail and under the nose. Those provides pitch, yaw and roll control when in hover mode.

Kewl, the Harrier operates kind of like a spaceship, at least while in V/STOL! That is really neat. When I watch the Harrier take off vertically and transition into forward flight, it reminds me of the way ships take off and transition into forward flight in the Star Wars Fantasy Surrealist Movies. :)