106... 107... 108... 108 and a half...

luthier1

Wow!! you really want a swastika don't you.
I don't care that much. I just prefer historical authenticity over politics, but if laws are involved then they don't have a choice anyway. I prefer flying for the allies, but I have enough swastikas here for everyone. Form a line and I'll pass them out.

(do not click spoiler if it is illegal in your country)

kIsLjIm.jpg

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So it's not illegal to display swastikas as kill markings because they are not official insignia of the organization.........what's the problem?
I did a little more reading on the topic, and interestingly the use of kill markings might be protected by precedent in German law as "anti-fascism symbols":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_%C2%A7_86a#Anti-fascism_symbols

Edited by VincentLaw

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

in a seriousness I saw that the 1.2.8 patch will include oculus rift support..will the rift support be extended to the DCS WWII software?

Nothing official I think but Ilya posted this photo some weeks ago

b7adc19809926cccaa03bc2413f0bceb_large.jpg

Well they do symbolise the elimination of a component of the regime so they are literally anti-Nazi.

This conversation was beaten to death when the P-51 was released.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

The conversation has been beaten to death on every WWII flight simulation forum ever.

This conversation has been beaten to death on every WWII simulation forum ever.

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

Looking great on those screenshots :) Keep it up :)

On the topic of banned symbols:

I think in they are allowed in purely historical context even in Germany where they are pretty strict on the use of swastika.

Finnish air force did use similar symbol for a different reason until end of WW2 but changed it afterwards, this was originally good luck charm of a Swedish count actually and not related to political parties.

Some more details here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_Air_Force

"I would have written a shorter post, but I did not have the time."

Burn it with fire?

Nuke the site from orbit.

So based on Luthier's last update sounding cheerier I guess the 109 is not crab walking in flight anymore. Considering she's far more along than any other aircraft and is being considered the flag ship, is it safe to assume she'll be the first alpha test bird?

"Hurled headlong flaming from the ethereal sky; With hideous ruin and combustion down;
To bottomless perdition, there to dwell; In adamantine chains and penal fire"

(RIG info is outdated, will update at some point) i5 @3.7GHz (OC to 4.1), 16GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 970 4GB, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, Razer Blackshark Headset, Obutto Ozone

Looking great on those screenshots :) Keep it up :)

On the topic of banned symbols:

I think in they are allowed in purely historical context even in Germany where they are pretty strict on the use of swastika.

Games aren't considered art or educational material. So no, you can't use them in a game. It's ok to use these symbols in documentaries and historical movies for example but not in games.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

That would probably work but I don't really care that much.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2