** The Tomcat Dream... ** - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-11-2017, 07:35 PM   #11
joey45
Veteran

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrd........... How to make a simmers life even more difficult...... You decide on one thing and someone decides to throw a curve ball......
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
Please send all hate mail to No11
New boats and buildings uploaded..
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #12
captain_dalan

A million deaths are not enough for Yueh!!!!

On a more serious note.... are you planning on a special offer to go along an early purchase perhaps?
captain_dalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 08:53 PM   #13
remon

Does that mean that they will support Europe better than they do now? You really can't buy anything of theirs here.
remon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #14
punk

I am confused by all of the excitement. Is it that they are going to make an F-14 grip or that they set up the US website to buy their products from? (I am guessing it is a new site based on a snarky comment on the EU site fishing for new info. Based on those replies, I don't see how it could be the first item then... more confused than ever) And, why do they have like a half dozen different choices for what looks like the same exact grip? Can someone help an idiot out with all this stuff?

punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #15
VampireNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk View Post
Can someone help an idiot out with all this stuff?
You're not the only one - Do we cancel our current MCG pre-orders in hope of a new F-14 Grip? Does it just mean HB are now using VKB gear in general? While I understand the usual 'choo-choo all aboard the hype-train" tease pictures that are seemingly compulsory these days - they do make simple practical decision making a little trickier than it needs to be.

VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:27 PM   #16
waow

Do i have to buy the VKB gunfighter or can i use it with the Virpil T-50??
waow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:34 PM   #17
Cobra847
3rd Party Developer

There will be exact specs soon, but for now you can assume that is a Grip by VKB with their standard set of features (+ some changes to make the F-14 stick better for simmers in general!)

Totally subject to change however, hence just a teaser for now! Don't flog me before anything is officially announced (and thus set in stone feature wise)
More information will be released by us and VKB once we get closer to release.

VKB hardware tends to be compatible with the WH base.

Founder & Lead Artist
Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/
Cobra847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #18
punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post
There will be exact specs soon, but for now you can assume that is a Grip by VKB with their standard set of features (+ some changes to make the F-14 stick better for simmers in general!)

Totally subject to change however, hence just a teaser for now! Don't flog me before anything is officially announced (and thus set in stone feature wise)

Ah, thanks for clarifying that a bit, Sir. I was seriously lost.

punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 10:41 PM   #19
WHOGX5

JESUS CHRIST!!! Will definitely buy!
-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:
  • F-16C-40/42 Fighting Falcon
  • HH-60G Pave Hawk
  • B-1B Lancer
  • EA-6B Prowler
  • SEPECAT Jaguar GR3A
  • OV-10D/D+ Bronco
  • C-2 Greyhound/E-2 Hawkeye
  • RA-5C Vigilante
WHOGX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 11:29 PM   #20
Revelation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra847 View Post

Any chance of getting it to ED, or if your team can do it, so they can set it up to be plug and play like the warthog where all of the functions/buttons are predefined?