Tuning the trim rate?

Voyager

Wondering if there is a good way to change the rate of trimming, and if so, what that should be for the F-14B. I'm practicing my take offs and landing and when trying to get it in trim, it seems like the trim is moving the stick further than I am. I'm wondering if I've got a setting off that's causing the issue?

Also, what is the most reliable instrument for telling if the plane is in trim? In warbirds, I'm usually using the gun sight to understand where the plane of pointed, but I haven't really figured out what the alternate is on the plane,

Thank you

Harry Voyager

With no inputs on the controls, check out the Control Surface Position Indicator on the left vertical console. It will show how much trim you have on your horizontal stabilizers and your rudders. It is labeled 9 on the below image taken from the manual.

fuel.png

Thats only helpful if you know exactly how much trim you need in a certain configuration/airspeed, which you usually don't (except for takeoff). In practice, you let go of the stick and if the plane keeps flying straight and level, you are in trim. If it starts climbing/descending/banking, you need to adjust

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

I think we're talking about different problems. What I am wondering is of there is a way to change the rate at which trim is applied. At the moment, the trim seems to be moving so fast that I'm trimming past TU Evans a off point rather quickly.

I'm wondering if something is off with my trim controls, or if this is just the way the plane is and you get used to it after a while?

Addendum: what I'm expecting, which may be wrong, is that for the majority of navigation flight, I should be able to fly the plane almost entirely through just trim inputs. That was where Is gotten to for warbirds, but it may be an incorrect assumption for non-flybywire jets.

Edited by Voyager

AFAIK there is no way to change the trim rate(as in the real aircraft) . I also find the trim a little too fast but I got used to it, fine tuning the trim by momentarily tapping the trim button

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Trim rate is doubled when using FFB... hope this gets fixed as it makes life harder than it should be.

And mentioning the Su-27... well, if only - I totally stopped flying those crates and won't resume until ED finally fixes thier trimmers, pulling up above 360kph with full nose down trim, at least those ain't DCS modules anyway dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

And mentioning the Su-27... well, if only - I totally stopped flying those crates and won't resume until ED finally fixes thier trimmers, pulling up above 360kph with full nose down trim, at least those ain't DCS modules anyway dealwithit.png

Well, trim and FM are parts of Professional Flight Model so being FC3 aircraft has nothing to do here.

On the topic: In the free aircraft and FC3 I usually just tap the trim, in the F-14B OTH I have to hold it much longer, so I wouldn't say it is anything close to sensitive.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

There was something in the patch notes a patch or two ago about tweaking the rate at which trim is applied. I found it more instinctive before that change but there were also drag and thrust changes too, so I might be remembering with rose coloured glasses.