Help - Engine seizes on takeoff!

Hi

I have been practicing takeoff in the 109 and as i get to 500m the engine seizes and then its all bad from here! Anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

thanks

Neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.

I believe in the 109 you shouldn't really exceed 1.4 ata during take off... Maybe that's what's getting you.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

few things

-coolant set "Auto" or "Open"

-manifold pressure less than 1,4ATA with MW50 set "OFF"

-propeller set "AUTO" (default setting on mission start is "MANUAL")

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

You are either overrevving or overboosting the engine. Set prop pitch control to auto and switch on MW50 injection then you will be fine! Two common beginner mistakes.

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

I believe in the 109 you shouldn't really exceed 1.4 ata during take off... Maybe that's what's getting you.

You can takeoff with 1.8 ATA if you set the prop accordingly, its no problem.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Hi

I have been practicing takeoff in the 109 and as i get to 500m the engine seizes and then its all bad from here! Anyone suggest what I may be doing wrong?

thanks

Neal

sounds like you leave the engine governor in the "Manual" position. The switch at the throttle must be in the back position for "Auto". Better read up on the subject in the flight manual.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

The only way I've ever managed to blow the engine is by closing the radiators, running max throttle, and whipping the plane around for about 5 minutes until it overheats.

I take off with radiators auto, prop pitch auto, 1.2~1.25 ATA and roughly 2200RPM.

Are you slamming throttle?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Hi everyone

thankyou for your responses, the problem was the prop pitch in manual and overrevving, i was pushing fully forward with breaks then ......release; it does not like that apparently:smartass:

neal

Desktop PC:

Intel i7 14700K, MSI Z790 MAG Tomahawk MOBO, 64Gb RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 3080ti

Windows 11, VPC joystick, Crosswind rudder peddles, HP Reverb G2, VPC Collective, DOF Reality H2, Gametrix seat, WinWing panels.