Spitfire "recent" update? (04JAN18)

Today's newsletter once again makes mention of updates to the Spitfire...

Does anyone know what this means, especially given that the well known graphical bugs with the spitfire have persisted since July...

I'm quite confused by all this . . did anyone notice any "updates" to this module when the other aircraft were upgraded?

Here's a shot from today's update:

fx8YGkg.jpg

Has anyone from ED said anything about what was updated?

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Phil, already discussed in another thread here at the time of the update. The conclusion was that no one could see any changes!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I looked, and compared the textures between before and after the update. As far as external and cockpit textures, nothing has been altered.

Frankly though, the Spitfire doesn't need it, it's already up to date with the graphical tech. I would like the normal map to include bumps, dents and imperfections in the airframe though. There was a guy who modded the NMp for the P-51, BF-109 and FW-190 and it made the planes look gorgeous if the sun glanced off it right. Kf something like this was officially added ir included, that would be great.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

did anyone notice any "updates" to this module when the other aircraft were upgraded?

?

Probably just the heavy green tinted screen seemed reduced and that's it. :doh:

Intel Core i3 8350K 4GHz, MSI RTX 2080 Super, AS Rock Z370 Pro4 Motherboard, Samsung SSD, 32G DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64 Bit

Rift-S, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display, Hotas Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals, EDtracker, Track IR.

Probably just the heavy green tinted screen seemed reduced and that's it. :doh:

That was in the 21 November update.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I guess its too much of a dream to hope they have fixed the propeller in VR with ASW/MS?

If only!

Maybe something related to PBR textures as well as Stang and 109? Was Spit already PBR?

S!

Yes

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I guess its too much of a dream to hope they have fixed the propeller in VR with ASW/MS?

hello mate, if you're on about the 'poored water' over the scope effect try either fully enabling ASW 'right CTRL + 'num pad 2' or disabling it 'right CTRL num pad 1' usually makes the odd effect go away..... if thats what were on about hahaha ;)

hello mate, if you're on about the 'poored water' over the scope effect try either fully enabling ASW 'right CTRL + 'num pad 2' or disabling it 'right CTRL num pad 1' usually makes the odd effect go away..... if thats what were on about hahaha ;)

Of course, as a workaround, we can switch ASW or MS off, but that’s not the point as that creates other issues.

This should be fixed, been long enough now.

+1 badly needs a fix. As it stands in VR the best WW2 (IMO) module is also the worst. I can live with it for now, but have been gravitating towards the 109 more lately.

The spit is really as it stands the only module I have in DCS that is afflicted with this problem.

Gotta give credit to the DCS devs because it's also pretty unplayable in the other sim, but DCS and module devs seem to have done the work needed to make ASW/MS compatible with the prop planes.

In the other sim even with prop off mod, there are still much more artifacts than with DCS, so I actually nowdays have a smoother experience with DCS/MS than I do with the game with the higher fps.

One niggle I have for the other sim's VR implementation, is the devs seem to take the attitude that its perfect anyway, and therefore needs no improvement, whereas the DCS developers have continued to work on improving VR. We aint going to get constant 90 FPS anytime soon, so the correct thing is to work towards improving the ASW/MS experience.

And might I say with the exception of the spitfire they have done a brilliant job! Incredibly smooth experience these days.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

+1 badly needs a fix. As it stands in VR the best WW2 (IMO) module is also the worst. I can live with it for now, but have been gravitating towards the 109 more lately.

The spit is really as it stands the only module I have in DCS that is afflicted with this problem.

Gotta give credit to the DCS devs because it's also pretty unplayable in the other sim, but DCS and module devs seem to have done the work needed to make ASW/MS compatible with the prop planes.

In the other sim even with prop off mod, there are still much more artifacts than with DCS, so I actually nowdays have a smoother experience with DCS/MS than I do with the game with the higher fps.

One niggle I have for the other sim's VR implementation, is the devs seem to take the attitude that its perfect anyway, and therefore needs no improvement, whereas the DCS developers have continued to work on improving VR. We aint going to get constant 90 FPS anytime soon, so the correct thing is to work towards improving the ASW/MS experience.

And might I say with the exception of the spitfire they have done a brilliant job! Incredibly smooth experience these days.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,