P-40

ivo

I wasn't aware that the P40 was canned until now. It has convinced me that the last pre-order I'll ever make is my last one - F-14. Hopefully (and I am fairly confident) it makes the scene, but any new ones, not a chance - no more pre-orders.

Win 10 64 bit

Intel I-7 7700K

32GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6gig

I wasn't aware that the P40 was canned until now. It has convinced me that the last pre-order I'll ever make is my last one - F-14. Hopefully (and I am fairly confident) it makes the scene, but any new ones, not a chance - no more pre-orders.

I have no problem with Pre-orders from ED or established vendors.

To throw a blanket over all of them seems like a knee jerk reaction.

But to each his own, whatever floats their boat.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

+100.000.000

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Wasnt it suspicious to you that you the P40 was not available for pre order on ED store?

I was referring to it as a “mod” in the same vein as the A4E community refers to their A4E as a “mod”. It is a full blown model as complete as many of the commercial early release planes. But they refer to it as a “mod” to avoid paying licensing fees to MD and they don’t intended it to be a 100% accurate representation.

You may have more insight as to the internal working of the P40 model and better to assess whether a community group with the necessary skill could take the project “as is” and make it available for free.

How did the A4E community group do the A4E without the SDK?

The community wouldn't be able to do anything with it, especially without the SDK. It's a lot more complicated than simply 'modding'. You can use 3d models as 'mods' right now, the guts behind it are a different matter.

As for the P-40 in general, your best bet would be to POLITELY seek recompense for the sim they released it to or plan to release it to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

@alamo

You can do quite a lot with the base game, as the A-4 shows, but you're limited to the equivalent of ''a very nice SFM''. I do not know all the specifics, not having the SDK myself obviously, but it has been repeatedly stated that all the more advanced features are inaccessible without it. The A-4 is called 'a mod' because it is, it's modifying pre-existing data to a large extent, as opposed to an SDK build which is entirely its own thing and not ''dependent'' on anything else.

It's akin to comparing say the following :

A Star Trek total conversion for Homeworld 2

Vs

A game built and coded from the ground up to be a Star Trek RTS

One is repurposing something that's already there, limited to working with the core features that implies, and the other is built from the ground up without any ''pre-condition''. The total conversion is a major undertaking that may take thousands of manhours, but it's not the same category of endeavor as a ''fresh build''.

Make more sense? It's not that ''nobody could work with it'' it's that it would require a high level of professional skills. Case and point, VEAO was a small team of part timers with access to the SDK. That's basically the best you could hope for ''from the community''. There's probably only a few dozen people in the entire community who could even use it, and of them only a handful would have the desire, and of them maybe one or two would actually be able to devote useful levels of time to it. End result : releasing it to the public would be largely pointless.

-edit

When you add to the above the problems with VEAO were that the code they wrote was incompatible with DCS, combined with the fact you're having to go into somebody ELSE'S mess and clean up behind them, the idea of 'releasing the code' is useless x10

Even doing the Hawk as a mod (there's nothing stopping anybody from using an FC3 avionics and flight model mod while reusing the Hawk 3d assets) is going to require somebody maintaining it through patches. None of it is exactly a ''one and done'' sort of endeavour.

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2