DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Here's the text:

"Dear all,

As of this time, we do not expect to have a new update this week. As you know we are working on some significant issues, and they require more testing time.

The plan is to have something ready by March 4th, but even this is not set in stone. As we get more news or info, we will share it.

Thanks for your patience and support.

The ED Team"

Thanks for sharing.

As for the update, that is quite understandable. ED should spend more time to address the many issues that ranges from performance to login security. I still cannot play dcs online for 4 minutes. Gets kicked out for someone logging in from a different machine reason.

2.5.6 is great but requires more work.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ED think they need more time to fix things, then so be it.

My squadron were still able to fly last night multiplayer, so the issues can be worked around, and we know that this will lead to game improvements.

Lastly, if this really is killing you, revert to stable, which will put you back to 2.5.5. Being part of the beta group is a choice.

My thanks to the ED team for their continued efforts

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Can some tell me how to roll back to previous version or point in the direction to find out how. I found an old link (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030) but I seem to keep doing something wrong. OpenBeta is not playable for me at this time until they fix the performance issues. Thanks!
Easiest way is to use SkateZilla's updater utility

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Easiest way is to use SkateZilla's updater utility

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

The link

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I'd rather have the issues taken care of. Imagine the tone on these boards if the issues identified so far made it to the stable version.

I agree wholeheartedly...BUT I'm not necessarily talking about the new lighting and wholesale issues addressed in 2.5.6 - BUT since December 2019, 3rd party developers have released multiple bug-fixes to campaigns...and there are multiple other examples of small discrete bug-fixes that don't interact with the core code

Is there a particular reason they haven't been pushed out to what is ostensibly the "core" community (Stable Version) for such a long period of time? (A period unprecedented since the release of 2.5)

Airbag_signatur.png

I agree wholeheartedly...BUT I'm not necessarily talking about the new lighting and wholesale issues addressed in 2.5.6 - BUT since December 2019, 3rd party developers have released multiple bug-fixes to campaigns...and there are multiple other examples of small discrete bug-fixes that don't interact with the core code

Is there a particular reason they haven't been pushed out to what is ostensibly the "core" community (Stable Version) for such a long period of time? (A period unprecedented since the release of 2.5)

That's a very good question since we know that the same version number itself does not mean the same content (ie. JF-17).

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Lastly, if this really is killing you, revert to stable, which will put you back to 2.5.5. Being part of the beta group is a choice.

That's not even necessary. Just roll back to 41962.

DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.5.41962@openbeta

You'd at least keep your Jiffypop and tons of fixes that the Stable branch doesn't sport yet that way. And it runs butter smooth. At least it did for me rainbowdashwink.png

It just might take ages to get the old terrain data (and then again when updating to the next OB or any other future version), but that'd be the same when rolling back to Stable anyway.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

In my view, openBeta is the updated "stable". So I prefer to stay at openBeta.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Eldur, I have been watching your signature graphics ever since. Sorry for being So direct. I have to know what is it all About but more important

WHATS YOUR DEALER NUMBER? :D

I wanna feel it like you do. Please answer before one of our busy Moderator delete this message.

Hope you understand,

Pedro over. :pilotfly:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

• ED Team

Hi all

Please keep the discussion on the patch notes.

We are planning an update for next week the 4th when we know for sure we will let everyone know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi all

We are planning an update for next week the 4th when we know for sure we will let everyone know.

thanks

Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to exciting 2020

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

Hi all

thanks

Any info on what is being worked on for the next update? Is it focused on fixing things that have gotten bugged or broken, or is there intent to get new things added as well?

I feel we might to expect some major Viper update...:music_whistling:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I wouldn't be to keen on a Viper update just yet. I don't think we will see much of a Viper update until the Dogfight HUD is finished. Also most of the other Viper weapon's requires the WPN screen on the MFD to be completed so far I haven't heard anything about that so no Mav's, HARM's, JSOW's, or any bomb timing changes until that is done. HARM's also require the HTP which again no word on that yet either. Viper has a long way to go yet for sure but it's still a fun plane. I would expect more fixes on the 4th than features. Maybe new cloud system or something.

So should we be holding out until the 4th? Like many, the previous edition broke the game for me. I'm trying to figure out if I should start rolling back the game version (not sure how to yet as I am still relatively new here) or I should wait for update.

In otherwords, I don't know whether I should really count on the March 4 patch to address the fps issues or not.

Personally, as someone who owns almost all the modules, all I want from this update is the fps to return to normal. : ) I would EASILY trade the F-16 being FULLY completed for the ability to play DCS again lol.

I really love where DCS is going, I just hope I will be able to experience it

Edited by Fang333333

Rolling back to 2.5 is very easy. Just scroll through the post until you find "updating or reverting to previous version". I did it almost immediately after installing the 2.6 update. There will be posts keeping everyone up to date on the progress of 2.6. I don't know why you would lose your F-16 if you reverted to the most recent open beta 2.5? I reverted back to

OB 2.5.5.41962

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Edited by rwbishUP
spelling, link

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

I would EASILY trade the F-16 being FULLY completed for the ability to play DCS again lol.

Since my 3570k, 32GB, 1080, SATA3 SSD rig is absolutely low end, I can just concur. DCS does run in the most recent version, but it was a lot better before 256. Having the thing running well is more important than any new feature.

I could roll back easily, but sitting in the 3rd world, I just don't wanna spend ages to patch down and up again with those terrain changes. It took me almost a whole day to get on 256 alone. And I don't do other things with my rig while something is updating, simply because I don't (may crash and bad things happen then).

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Since my 3570k
You've got the processor I had before my current CPU. For 2012, it was a VERY nice CPU. Now unfortunately, even if you've overclocked it like I did, you've got an old CPU that is much slower in the single core clock speed stakes than mine. And I'm starting to think about upgrading mine as I've had it a while (the cost benefit isn't quite there yet though I think for me).

PC specs:

I run it at 4.4 already. That helped quite a lot in DCS. But I guess the whole infrastructure is something to be replaced. Still sporting DDR3 RAM, can't put an m.2 SSD in etc. And the board definately has it's quirks, some are very nasty. Doesn't have proper USB3 speeds, my CV1 is tagged as USB2 on every USB3 port I have, some drives get their speed, others don't, sometimes things randomly disconnect and reconnect literally at the same second and worst of all, the GA-Z77 boards in the early revs (which sucks since I got a rev 1.0 when 1.2 were already available) like to randomly reboot every other month or so, without any predication. Just shuts off and reboots, and it's a known hardware bug. I really wanna get rid of that ASAP, but money... icon_sad.gif

But I think I might be able to take the step within this year, finally fsgrin.png

And when the next update brings back the performance lost in the last few builds, I'm OK with my rig anyway since I can fly with 45fps in the CV1 mostly.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Hello BigNewy and ED crew. How is the open beta patch looking for Wednesday? Is there anything news worthy to report? Hope they are getting supplied with plenty of coffee and biscuits while they beaver away!

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

• ED Team

Hi all

We are planning for the patch today, however it will depend on final checks.

When we know for sure we will post the patch notes.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2