Complete DCS uninstall?

-Ice

How do I get rid of all traces of this sim? I wish to uninstall, delete everything, saved profiles, saved games, etc. and start over from scratch. I've modded so much stuff I can't remember which is which so I backed up my DCS World folder, but is there anything else I need to backup? Then I plan to wipe all trace of the game from my computer and start fresh.

Thanks!

- Ice

If I were you, I would;

1) take a copy of ".../Program Files/DCS World" folder.

2) take a copy of "Saved Games/DCS" folder.

3) Uninstall DCS World.

4) If "Program Files/DCS World" folder exists, delete it.

5) If "Saved Games/DCS" folder exists, delete it...

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

What is DEP?

I'm not worried about losing activations though :) Thanks!

Data Execution Prevention - by default this is on

Another way is to be selective with what windows analyses:

System Properties | Advanced | Performance | Settings | Data Execution Prevention

You can tell windows to ignore exe files here by adding the DCS_Updater.exe

Try that, see if that improves things.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

It will not allow to disable DEP only for DCS.exe

You have to disable it completely.

It will also help with running other demanding games like GTA.

Maybe we are not on the same page, but in DEP settings you can "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select:" and then you can add the exe

We use this for some of our customers legacy apps.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908