VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

+++ release update 2.5.8 +++

Plugin 2.5.8 is out!

- New SRS-compatible PTT mapping mode for use with Multiplayer,

- Hand-free radio tuning now also available for Easy Comms OFF using Select command,

- Some new PG map airfields added,

- Various other minor tweaks and improvements.

Existing users update automatically.

Enjoy! :joystick:

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood, please stop turning on Autobrief by default!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ok guys,.. someone found it necessary to rate this thread with 1 star i.e. 'Terrible'.

Was it something I said lol. If you have a problem just PM me.

Anyway kind reminder to all: I put in a lot of effort to provide support and keep this a 5-star thread.

Remember that you can show appreciation at any time by giving this thread some love with a starry upvote :)

Much appreciated!

All the best,

Hollywood

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Stuart Sure, that's not a problem.

Anyway it's a simple preference tickbox (on the EX tab) that you can easily deselect.

yep I know :) but I keep on forgetting and then I drop out lol! And I would never rate this as one star, brilliant app!

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

@emc Try with not clicking around with your mouse during Training Mode.

Just enable the MSVR listening, and then use your keyboard up/down keys to step through the keywords list as described on page 30.

PM me if you get stuck. Grtz

When I click microphone icon to start keyword training mode MSVR open in sleeping mode so I need activate it, then click command phrase dropdown to be able to use up/down keys. With focus at dropdown, MSVR try correct and/or guess what I try to say an another popup shows. It is never happen when I click to titlebar or alias button. Anyway I could make screencast but it isint a big deal so... thx ;)

BTW I just noticed on webpage:

AIRIO Dialog extension (separate purchase)

This extension allows direct interactive communications with your F-14 AI backseater. Talk to me Jester!

The AIRIO Dialog extension requires a PRO license. To use the extension you need to unlock it with your personal license key for this add-on. Get yours now by clicking the Buy Now button below.

WOW... when we can expected release! I will buy it!

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

+5 clicked! respect!

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

+5 as well. The app is amazing. Any issues have been answered and dealt with promptly. Money well spent!

Anyone use it while online using SRS at the same time? I want to play online more but not sure how they jive together. I suppose if a tanker I want to talk to is on a different frequency than the frequencies used for simple radio it wouldn't be an issue right? I wouldn't want everyone listening to me say "ready pre contact" a million times in the middle of a fight.

Cheers keep up the great work!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

Hey Hollywood and all.

Firstly, I love this software it has made mine, and may others DCS time much more immersive! Hat's off to Hollywood for this!

But I cannot get Pro version 2.5.8 (or previous version) to run in the DCS open beta version 2.5.4.26368. I have never had a problem until now, and it is working fine in DCS stable version 2.5.3.24984. Deleted VIACOM and reinstalled which made no difference. I pretty sure that everything is in the right place etc. I get all the usual responses from VIACOM, but it just doesn’t seem to be hooking into DCS, just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the Open Beta version? As I have never messed around with files or location of them at all. I am at a bit of a loss and wondering if it is the Beta version of DCS that is the issue.

Cheers for the great work Hollywood, looking forward to VIACOM future in DCS!

Wow that's awesome guys, thanks for your support. What a great community this is :)

@emc A lot of prep work has already gone into the RIO extension.

I cannot confirm a release date yet but will share more info as it becomes available.

Exciting times..

@Darcwaynard Latest version 2.5.8 has a new SRS mapping feature for PTT, make sure to check that out.

I'm eager to hear back on how VAICOM and SRS are used together in MP practise,

suggestions in that area are always welcome.

@ibanexgreg Well all looks normal here with latest OpenBeta, it could be you have

some install snag. Have you tried using the Custom Folder option (with ob flag)?

Have a look and PM me if you get stuck.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

@Ixsapper That's a known snag in the Harrier module itself (i.e. not VAICOM).

It was reported earlier and presumably it's being looked into

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3693385&postcount=1216

Re the SRS mapping: the option is there to have aligned PTT setup across all modules.

If you have your PTT already lined up with SRS than no need to change anything.

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

The plugin default TX radio mapping uses slot assignments based on certain business logic.

Example: FM radio -> slot 3 (TX3), UHF -> slot 2 (TX2), single radio -> slot 2 (TX2), etc.

The plugin also displays the radio device names as used internally in DCS.

See page 12 of the manual.

However the above slots assignment is not the same as the one used by SRS.

For some modules e.g. your UHF radio may be on TX2 in VAICOM PRO but in radio 1 slot in SRS.

When SRS mapping mode is selected in the plugin, the slot placement and radio names are the same as used by SRS.

This means that TX1 always corresponds to SRS radio1, TX2 = SRS radio 2, TX3 = SRS radio 3.

This is for all modules. So this should make it easier to get a universal PTT setup on your rig.

Best tried out in practise. Hope it clarifies somewhat :D

Cheers

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

+5 as well. The app is amazing. Any issues have been answered and dealt with promptly. Money well spent!

Anyone use it while online using SRS at the same time? I want to play online more but not sure how they jive together. I suppose if a tanker I want to talk to is on a different frequency than the frequencies used for simple radio it wouldn't be an issue right? I wouldn't want everyone listening to me say "ready pre contact" a million times in the middle of a fight.

Cheers keep up the great work!

I've used both together and they coexist just fine. However I'm usually using simple coms, a single PTT button, but use separate PTT setups for each rather than try to use the same keys/buttons. That avoids the problem of having others on SRS hear me talking to the AI, but at the cost of some realism. After all, if others don't want to hear you talking to the tanker then they should get off the tanker frequency, just as in RL.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Where does one go to select a rating?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|