Why the F?

I have a question for VEAO, in lieu of aircraft announced and already released for DCS why was the decision made to make the F variant of the P-40? I'm not sure if this was asked, or answered somewhere else in the forums. I'm a big fan of the P-40 and it was the aircraft that originally brought me into the aviation world. Doing quite a bit of research on my own I wondered why did VEAO decide to pick the F variant and not the N? I meant the armament was the same, elongated fuselage for uncreasd stability at higher speeds, better visibility in the cockpit yadda yadda yadda. Hopefully one of the devs or even the almighty PMAN himself can answer that one. Thanks so much for your efforts and can't wait to fly the warhawk out in anger upon release, great job guys and keep on at er.

Zack from Canada

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Yes in part Random is correct in that TFC have a P-40F (although modified since war service as it was a major restoration project) and that did play no small part in the decision process.

The first tranche of aircraft we are making we wanted to have access to all of the aircraft in the wave, this is one of the main reasons the Buchon is in the list and not a 109. We do not have access to an airworthy (well didnt at the time) so I decided to make a Buchon as we have access to 3 of them.

The F/L saw extensive wartime combat with both the USAAF and RAF plus others an was in regular use right through to the end of the war. Being used extensively in Africa it also fits in with my plans for a North Africa Map further down the road.

Along with the Bearcat and Spitfire XIV we wanted to make sure that we had access to live airframes to aid us with our accuracy with our first ventures into the WW2 Era.

Pman

Very interesting to understand the choices by the aircraft. Thanks for commenting Pman.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Thanks for the response Pman, definitely brings light to what the devs do and how they do things. Regardless of which version is released im happy to have either one so day one purchase for myself.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Thanks for the info Pman!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least