Full Fidelity F-15C Petition

No thank you. I've had enough gen4 blufor. How about gen4 red? Or century series? Or F-4? Etc...

I certainly would not mind a full fidelity MiG-29 or Su-27. Though it would probably be best (for popularity purposes,) that the aircraft being overhauled/introduced have Fox Three capability.

Edited by DCS FIGHTER PILOT

Let’s knock this out of the water ladies and gentlemen! Fully modeled F-15C on the level of the Hornet.
F-15 eagle is already in the works by Razbam. With that coming I am afraid there would be little incentive money wise to do the F-15 Charlie as the F-15E would have the capabilities of the Charlie and more.

Just the way I see things btw but you never can accurately tell.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

A Hi-Fi F-15C would complete the century series, I'd welcome it, even if I'd rather see something else. But make it the last Gen 4 US aircraft for the time being. Personally I'm longing for some of the century series such as the F-104G, F-105D and F-100D. There's also of course, the F-4 Phantom (for me the F-4J/K are my preferences).

We are missing contemporary REDFOR, especially Hi-Fi, where at the moment there's nothing but an early 70s MiG-21. Which is far out of its depth with the Tomcat, let alone a mid 2000s F/A-18C and F-16C.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1 for the MiG-29

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

F-15C looks like low hanging fruit.

They already have solid FM, some decent external model to polish, A-A avionics and radar logic from F/A-18C.

A-G was only very rudimentary so no spending time on that, and this is, by far, the most time consuming part of full fideity plane like Hornet or Viper.

Looks like it would take relatively small amount of time and sales would be great because of the legendary plane itself used in many real air campaigns.

(MiG-29 is impossible for ED to model due to other reasons but 3rd parties have green light to build one)

Edited by bies

F-15C looks like low hanging fruit.

They already have solid FM, some decent external model to polish, A-A avionics and radar logic from F/A-18C.

As much as I'd want a F-15 for the next module, I actually do wonder about how long it would take to make. They could just copy over the FC3 FM and model, but they would both be quite old. The F-15 cockpit doesn't look quite as good as more recent modules, this isn't something that bothers me, but I could imagine it being a complaint for some. What does concern me is the experience ED has gained in PFM modeling since the F-15 was done. It was their first modern fighter PFM, and while it's certainly good it wouldn't surprise me if it could be improved.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files