Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

• ED Translators
If you have a short track replay of the 500lb create behaviour could you send it to me. I will check it out.

thank you

I'm on it Big Man. Its certainly weight issue. But I have to check different crate models and this is taking time :wacko:

AKA LazzySeal

I'm on it Big Man. Its certainly weight issue. But I have to check different crate models and this is taking time :wacko:

I think an initial track, showing the issue would be a good start point, so they can start looking at it and from there add additional

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Server News:

Operation Fight Island:

- All 4 x UH-1's were moved to a FARP northeast of Khasab airbase.

- This shortens the route to bullseye by ca. 20 miles.

- 2 more AJS37's were added -> a total of 6 instead of 4.

- 100 More AA missiles for all warehouses.

NOTES:

- If you select the Cmdr slot, you must be on SRS! Not that everyone shouldn't be in the first place, but the Cmdr operator has access to more options.

- If a Cmdr operator is not on comms, he will be kicked out of the server.

- JTAC's must be in contact with their Cmdr to coordinate attacks with him, unless they chose not to operate ground forces, but then again all should use SRS as recommended.

- Players should be more sensible with AA missiles! The idea is not to spam missiles and carry as many as possible then ask for more.

- Resupplying warehouses is not an option yet, but should be implemented if such an option becomes available.

- Use the in-game chat window for chat mainly or quick bug reports if I'm online. But don't start a discussion there for which this thread is available.

By the way, if SRS comms are being enforced, can there be multiple pre-defined channels ? Traffic, GCI1, GCI2, GCI3, ect. ?

I've had some people tell me, that they've been on SRS and then kicked out, because they were using their own channel. It can get quite chaotic when there are a lot of people. I guess the whole point is to make everyone part of the community and effort, but some guys don't speak English and other prefer to lead their own flight, as GCI is most effective coordinating only a handful of people

By having multiple channels, small groups can still have their own comms, but they can be contacted too, if needed

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Translators
What crates do you suggest for less swinging? Keep in the mind that in the mission Elbrus helicopters will have to fly at very high altitudes while sling loading a crate. So that crate can't be too heavy in that one instance.

For now I can say that "UH-1H Cargo" holds decently at 350 KG weight it can go up to 250 KpH and not sniff your tail boom at the same time.

"Container" is weird...

AKA LazzySeal

By the way, if SRS comms are being enforced, can there be multiple pre-defined channels ? Traffic, GCI1, GCI2, GCI3, ect. ?

I've had some people tell me, that they've been on SRS and then kicked out, because they were using their own channel. It can get quite chaotic when there are a lot of people. I guess the whole point is to make everyone part of the community and effort, but some guys don't speak English and other prefer to lead their own flight, as GCI is most effective coordinating only a handful of people

By having multiple channels, small groups can still have their own comms, but they can be contacted too, if needed

We're dealing with old planes with different radio systems and predefined channels, etc. as you know it. Getting so many channels and frequencies would only confuse the players. The work invested in that wouldn't be worth it, I'm afraid. Besides, it's only a few players who use SRS. Various channels would only seperate them.

The guy I kicked out was occupying the cmdr slot and playing around with the ground units on his own. You can't do that without coordinating with the other cmdr operator and the JTAC operatos as well. I asked him to get on comms multiple times. Then I decided to kick him out and include a message clarifying why I did that hoping he'd finally get on comms. He reconnected and was still not on comms doing things like cancelling and/or assigning new routes for friendly ground units. So I kicked him out again with even a more detailed clarification.

Everyone should be on SRS while cmdr operators MUST.

Before I limit the cmdr slots and reserve them for a number of players, things must be taken into consideration.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Is this the current mission lineup on the server? Personally I try to dodge ‘when the mountains cry’ and catch ‘Search and Destroy’ among others.

“Currently included missions in the server's rotation run in the following order:

Catch Me If You Can

Sail ahoy!

When The Mountains Cry

Fight Island - new mission

Search & Destroy

Two Towns

Five Points Unleashed

Open Range

The Desert Has Eyes

Battle Over Sukhumi Unleashed

Elbrus

Prince of Persia “

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is this the current mission lineup on the server? Personally I try to dodge ‘when the mountains cry’ and catch ‘Search and Destroy’ among others.

“Currently included missions in the server's rotation run in the following order:

Catch Me If You Can

Sail ahoy!

When The Mountains Cry

Search & Destroy

Two Towns

Five Points Unleashed

Open Range

The Desert Has Eyes

Elbrus

Prince of Persia “

I don't like all the missions I have either. And I designed them.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Catch Me If You Can

Sail ahoy!

When The Mountains Cry

Search & Destroy

Two Towns

Five Points Unleashed

Open Range

The Desert Has Eyes

Elbrus

Prince of Persia “

I think Nellus is just asking for a current lineup, so that we can easily plan our lives around it :pilotfly: :lol:

[DEVILS]

Nah, but more seriously, the lineup would be cool, to coordinate and prepared the people’s for the mission

Check out the first post maybe?

See here.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

It’s not accurate, keeps changing.

Just checked it out. It's fine. And Search & Destroy was online after Fight Island every time as I can see here in my logs.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Elbrus was an absolute joy tonight!

We were 3 Huey pilots trying to carry the sling up to the top, all failed, even the second time around.

We all had 1/4 fuel tank, no armament and stable flight. But we still could not maintain a hover at the top. Tried it even with maxed out EGT and still nothing.

Any chance of reducing the weight on the crates, or maybe lowering the drop zone a bit?

There was no smoke marker at the top which made it confusing where to drop the crate.

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Elbrus was an absolute joy tonight!

We were 3 Huey pilots trying to carry the sling up to the top, all failed, even the second time around.

We all had 1/4 fuel tank, no armament and stable flight. But we still could not maintain a hover at the top. Tried it even with maxed out EGT and still nothing.

Any chance of reducing the weight on the crates, or maybe lowering the drop zone a bit?

There was no smoke marker at the top which made it confusing where to drop the crate.

Currently there seems to be some problems with crates as reported to ED already. The lesser the weight the more swinging it will cause.

There is no marker on the top of the mountain. You can unhook the crate at any part of two mountain's peaks.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Currently there seems to be some problems with crates as reported to ED already. The lesser the weight the more swinging it will cause.

There is no marker on the top of the mountain. You can unhook the crate at any part of two mountain's peaks.

Copy, but there were no swinging issues at all. All crates made it to the destination, except for the hovering part. Maybe you can make half of them really light and then we can try it out again next time the mission arrives.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@NELLUS see this post for why the crate weight cannot be lowered too much. It's pretty much at a sweet spot right now at 600ish lb

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4404575&postcount=2634

Modules:

F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:

Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

@NELLUS see this post for why the crate weight cannot be lowered too much. It's pretty much at a sweet spot right now at 600ish lb

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4404575&postcount=2634

Then I think the only solution is to lower the crate LZ at the Elbrus. We know how to fly these Hilos, and every single attempt was a failure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just a heads up for the ‘Search and Destroy’ mission. There are no ground units for defense, and the objectives stay in their original coalition when a unit is dropped within the capping area.

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Small request for upcoming missions like in the Syria map, will certain planes that may not belong be excluded from future missions like the Viggen, so as to make it more realistic?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Small request for upcoming missions like in the Syria map, will certain planes that may not belong be excluded from future missions like the Viggen, so as to make it more realistic?

I don't know yet.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

What do you want to bring instead.. F14A and F15 loaded with only rear aspect Aim9’s?

I dont mind :)

Edited by NELLUS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]