Plane steer on one side while taking-off / landing

LordOrion

I'm not 100% sure that the issue I saw is related to a specific plane, however, my F-15C tends to steer to right on the airstrip during take-off run and landings and I need to compensate with the rudder to avoid going out.

The problem shows up only when on the ground ad traveling above a certain speed (80-100? knots) and disappear once in flight / below the same speed.

The joystick (X56 Rhino) can indeed be the source of the issue but looking at the calibration tool I never seen spikes or strance alteration of the ADC read when the stick is left centered :joystick:

Anyone else seen the same issue?

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

My Blog (Italian): Notti a (Video)Giocare

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Any crosswind in the mission?

Have you checked your axis inputs in DCS itself?

Axis seems to be ok (double checked).

About wind, I don't think that could be the cause: to make the plane steer so much the wind should be really strong and hence I should notice it during the whole landing descent, not only while running with gears on the airstrip... :pilotfly:

Black+Knights_Small.jpg

RDF 3rd Fighter Squadron - "Black Knights": "Ar Cavajere Nero nun je devi cacà er cazzo!"

CPU: i7-11700K@5GHz|GPU: RTX-4070 Super|RAM: 64GB DDR4@3200MHz|SSD: 2x 970EVO Plus + 980 EVO Plus|HOTAS Warthog|TrackIR 5|

Axis seems to be ok (double checked).

About wind, I don't think that could be the cause: to make the plane steer so much the wind should be really strong and hence I should notice it during the whole landing descent, not only while running with gears on the airstrip... :pilotfly:

Weathervaning causes the plane to turn into the wind even at a low crosswind component.

E.g. a 5kts crosswind will be barely noticeable during the approach (very slight wind correction angle required) but it will cause the plane to turn into the wind on ground. Suggest to check the wind in the mission.

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Weathervaning causes the plane to turn into the wind even at a low crosswind component.

E.g. a 5kts crosswind will be barely noticeable during the approach (very slight wind correction angle required) but it will cause the plane to turn into the wind on ground. Suggest to check the wind in the mission.

Ok, I will

Black+Knights_Small.jpg