The Panavia Tornado

Rhino182

Ok so I’m not gonna lie, every since I flew the tornado in BMS I have wanted this in DCS. I’ll be honest if this was announced I would spend any amount of money for it. Have a chat and tell me your thoughts. But god do we need this aircraft. (Also side note, would like to see more RAF aircraft in the game).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

A Tornado in DCS would be my biggest dream come true (although I would prefer a german Tornado :P). I'm sure this will happen in the next few years. The questions are just "when exactly?" and "by whom?".

Originally VEAO was planning on making it, but as everyone knows, they have stopped all their future developments for DCS. RAZBAM and Polychop have showed interest in making the Tornado as well:

Polychop said they are in contact with Panavia, the manufacturing company of the Tornado: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155185

RAZBAM said they are already working on one and presented a very early screenshot of the 3D mesh: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173611

Both are still uncertain and in the end we might get a Tornado from another side: Heatblur. The Tornado seems to fit their plans for future modules pretty well, so this is another place to keep an eye on for a Tornado: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140135

So, I'm sure we will see a DCS Tornado at some point. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I would prefer an ADV F3 :bounce: (as well)

Image4.jpg

1200px-Royal_Air_Force_Panavia_Tornado_F3_Lofting-3.jpg

True but tbh I just wanna fly the Mach loop

DCS Modules: UH1H | F/A18C | FC3 | Hawk | L-39 | AV8B | Viggen | Combined Arms | F-14 | F-16 | Yak-52

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

Download the VSN Tornado GR4 pack, and use the A10 cockpit, you can still thrash through the Caucus valleys, at 400 knots, with the nearest thing to an actual 100% working module.

I've made quite a few liveries for Op. Granby, and Op Telic for the VSN addon.

AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with Radeon Graphics           3.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

2 TB SSD

RTX 4070 8GB

Windows 11 64 bit

Download the VSN Tornado GR4 pack, and use the A10 cockpit, you can still thrash through the Caucus valleys, at 400 knots, with the nearest thing to an actual 100% working module.

I've made quite a few liveries for Op. Granby, and Op Telic for the VSN addon.

See its just not the same tho. gotta have that low pit and the layout that doesn't make any sense

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

• 3 months later...

Tornados in DCS?

A Tornado in DCS would be my biggest dream come true (although I would prefer a german Tornado :P). I'm sure this will happen in the next few years. The questions are just "when exactly?" and "by whom?".

Originally VEAO was planning on making it, but as everyone knows, they have stopped all their future developments for DCS. RAZBAM and Polychop have showed interest in making the Tornado as well:

Polychop said they are in contact with Panavia, the manufacturing company of the Tornado: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=155185

RAZBAM said they are already working on one and presented a very early screenshot of the 3D mesh: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=173611

Both are still uncertain and in the end we might get a Tornado from another side: Heatblur. The Tornado seems to fit their plans for future modules pretty well, so this is another place to keep an eye on for a Tornado: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140135

So, I'm sure we will see a DCS Tornado at some point. :thumbup:

Good morning to you.

I too am fond of Tornados, even if - please don't take it bad, of course - I'd like so much to fly in DCS those Italian two versions both, ECR and IDS I mean.

This premitted, what updated news would you have in case?

Thanks a lot also for your kindness, with best regards,

Jackal out.

I too am fond of Tornados, even if - please don't take it bad, of course - I'd like so much to fly in DCS those Italian two versions both, ECR and IDS I mean.

Theese are not just italan varians. The IDS is also being flown by the UK and Germany and the ECR variant is beeing flown by Germany as well. For the Cold War Tornado there is no difference between the user nations, except the armament, but after the Cold War Germany and the UK developed their own Tornado upgrades which means that modern German an UK Tornados are vastly different ("ASSTA3" and "GR.4" respectively).

I don't really have any knowledge on how the Italians modernized their Tornados, so I can't say much abou the modern Italian Tornados.

This premitted, what updated news would you have in case?

I have high hopes that Heatblur is working on a Tornado at the moment, because they said they're working on multicrew jets that will make great use of Heatblurs own technologies (e.g.JESTER AI, ground mapping radar).

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Theese are notjust italan varians. The IDS is also being flown by the UK and Germany and the ECR variant is beeing flown by Germany as well. For the Cold War Tornado there is no difference between the user nations, except the armament, but after the Cold War Germany and the UK developed their own Tornado upgrades which means that modern German an UK Tornados are vastly different ("ASSTA3" and "GR.4" respectively).

I don't really have any knowledge on how the Italians modernized their Tornados, so I can't say much abou the modern Italian Tornados.

I have high hopes that Heatblur is working on a Tornado at the moment, because they said they're working on multicrew jets that will make great use of Heatblurs own technologies (e.g.JESTER AI, ground mapping radar).

Have heatblur actually announced a roadmap?

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

There are now two teams working on swingwing projects, so maybe Tornado will be done too.

Which teams?

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

Have heatblur actually announced a roadmap?

No, not beyond the Tomcat.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Heatblur is, of course, doing the Tomcat, and Razbam is doing the MiG-23MLA.

Ah I thought you meant two teams considering the tornado

DCS Wishlist

Tornado GR4

Sepecat Jaguar

Avro Vulcan

A1H Apache

Tornado with Alarm missiles please!

I prefer HARMs :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

Many years ago I was fortunate enough to spend 5 minutes chatting with the RAF Tornado pilot who'd been involved with the test series for the ALARM. He barely said anything about it's true capabilities other than to say that it really was way ahead of it's time.

Having an ALARM equipped Tornado, either the RAF GR4 or the German ECR, would be an amazingly powerful SEAD platform for DCS.

More generally I'd dearly love to have a Tornado GR4 or even a GR1. Either would be a very impressively capable strike aircraft for DCS missions. I'd be much more ambivalent about the F3 since it would be comprehensively outclassed by most of the fighter aircraft currently available.

Big +1 to having a DCS Tornado :thumbup:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

• 4 weeks later...
Tornado GR.4 or Tornado ASSTA 3. This would be a Dream! :clap:

The ASSTA 3 is way too modern I'm afraid :(

assta-1.jpg

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg