How many liveries on EA release?

Airhunter

Since Wags mentioned this in the latest mini-update:

"External model, in particularly the landing gear and aircraft underside. Even at early access release, the skin will still be preliminary."

Does this mean the Viper will release with an "unfinished" model/base textures and only one livery?

It does sounds that way.

I'm okay with this. I'd rather have the module earlier rather than waiting for the external model to be finalised. There are going to be so many liveries for this module so perfecting it is the right thing to do.

Well, that is actually a no-go item for me.

What a joke.

Devils Canyon i7 4790K @ 4.9GHz |16gb DDR3 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080Ti | Samsung 860 EVO

Thrustmaster Warthog | Virpil WarBRD | Virpil TM-50CM2 Grip | VKB-Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV | Acer X34A (21:9) | Oculus Rift S

A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-5E | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | SA342 | Spitfire LF Mk IX | UH-1H

How is this a big deal? Other F-16 sims have unfinished skins or wrong skins for years and people don't seem to mind. F-16A with wrong RWR antennas, wrong landing gear or chaff/flare buckets. Wrong cockpit panels or wrong location of the panels. Why all of a sudden this is such a big deal here? Could we all wait and see how it looks on EA?

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

• ED Team
Since Wags mentioned this in the latest mini-update:

"External model, in particularly the landing gear and aircraft underside. Even at early access release, the skin will still be preliminary."

Does this mean the Viper will release with an "unfinished" model/base textures and only one livery?

The viper will be released in to early access, and phase 1 of the plan will start.

We will see more skins as the early access progresses.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

The viper will be released in to early access, and phase 1 of the plan will start.

We will see more skins as the early access progresses.

Yeah but why not take a couple weeks longer to finish up the model and textures? Never have I ever seen a module relase into EA with an unfinished external model or just one skin. Was this the case with the Hornet as well? Heck, if you give me or some known community people the paintkit, we'll gladly volunteer to create a handful of different liveries.

You should also mention this on the phase 1 EA page as people are not aware what they'll be geting on day one.

Yeah but why not take a couple weeks longer to finish up the model and textures? Never have I ever seen a module relase into EA with an unfinished external model or just one skin. Was this the case with the Hornet as well? Heck, if you give me or some known community people the paintkit, we'll gladly volunteer to create a handful of different liveries.

You should also mention this on the phase 1 EA page as people are not aware what they'll be geting on day one.

As long as the external model is still being worked on, making a template is useless because it will keep changing until the model is complete.

As for the Hornet - they released the template before they released the plane.

• ED Team

paint kit wont be released until any finial tweaking has been completed by the team.

Please remember this will be early access and you will be participating in the development as it happens. We hope to bring you all as much as we can for initial release into early access, the team is working hard to make it happen.

When we have a date we will let everyone know.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
It is kinda funny how often we hear the 3d model and textures are the “easy” part and the Vipers won’t be finished for EA.

Not sure who you are referencing in saying the 3D modeling and texturing is easy, but in any case, many EA models see tweaks and adjustments during Early Access. The Viper is only going through final adjustments now. Everything following that should be pretty minor, and I would expect the template to not be far behind.

Answer to the original question is probably not as many as we would like, but I hope we see more soon after, not to mention the template for all the talented artists in the community. We have a number of skins in game for other modules supplied by them as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png