Fix for rudder problems - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-14-2019, 06:30 AM   #11
NineLine
Community Manager

The deflection to the left is meant to be there according to the team, I am seeing a difference when using the trim tabs.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:17 AM   #12
JNelson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
The deflection to the left is meant to be there according to the team, I am seeing a difference when using the trim tabs.
There must be a difference between ours and their build then because the trim tabs going end to end make no noticeable difference.

Furthermore every aircraft I've flown has been trimmed for the cruise speed. Neutral rudder required at cruise. In the yak a lot of right rudder must be applied which is not consistent with this. As you can imagine holding a lot of right rudder in is not particularly fun in the cruise, especially when going far.

The numbers I edit in the lua file make the trim correct with a trimmed aircraft around the cruise speed.

Specs: i5 4690k @ 4.2, Nvidia GTX-1080, 16GB DDR3, 2 TB & 1 TB HDD.
Hardware: TM Warthog, Slaw RX Viper Pedals, TrackIR 4, Occulus Rift CV1
JNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:18 PM   #13
Hoffster

Tried the trim tab setting to both extremes, and still same small right rudder required for ball center cruise. No change from centered slider.
Hoffster is offline   Reply With Quote