Air refueling - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 11:21 AM   #11
Sierra99
Campaign Testers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG-51_Sabot View Post
That's because they're double checking their golf scores from the previous round
During my 22 years as a boom operator I lost a boom nozzle one single time to an F-4 out of George AFB.

During the same 22 years I had NUMEROUS Navy receivers beat up the nose of their aircraft, gork up their probes or tear up my Drogue basket trying to get a contact.

I guess that means Air Force Pilots are good enough to play golf AND refuel without breaking their equipment.

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs x3, Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.
Sierra99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:12 PM   #12
Drac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post
During my 22 years as a boom operator I lost a boom nozzle one single time to an F-4 out of George AFB.

During the same 22 years I had NUMEROUS Navy receivers beat up the nose of their aircraft, gork up their probes or tear up my Drogue basket trying to get a contact.

I guess that means Air Force Pilots are good enough to play golf AND refuel without breaking their equipment.
George AFB brings back memories.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 09:01 PM   #13
Lex Talionis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra99 View Post

...because the KC-135 boom adapted drogue (AF to NV adapter) is not a good solution for navy/marine corps aircraft.

Only time i have ever seen a 135 drogue get beat up (or more importantly the right AOA probe, OAT probe, FOD the #2 eng, etc) was when the boom operator "thought" they were "helping" the pilot by moving the boom around during a plug instead of doing exactly nothing. The Ouija board effect doesn't work well during AR.

aren't anecdotal stories fun.(in jest)

Last edited by Lex Talionis; 09-11-2019 at 09:43 PM.
Lex Talionis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 03:31 PM   #14
Backy 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG-51_Sabot View Post
That's because they're double checking their golf scores from the previous round
That's not true. The front-enders are too busy enjoying our filet mignon and glass of Merlot while George handles the flying. Overhead Mother, once you bait the hook, (drogue), it's amazing how much squid you can catch …

SPECS:
Spoiler:

INTEL i7-6700 - 32GB RAM
GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER on Samsung 40" 4K UHD TV
Corsair K70 RGB + Stream Deck and TrackIR 4 Pro

TM Warthog, F-18 Grip and Cougar MFDs w/CH Pro Pedals
Win 10 Pro 64-bit on 1TB M.2 SSD

HANGAR:
Spoiler:

A-10C AV-8B F-5E F-14A F-16A F-18C F-86 FC3 M-2000 P-51 UH-1
FW-190 MiG-15/21
Nevada Normandy Persian Gulf TACView CombatFlite WWII Assets

Last edited by Backy 51; 09-12-2019 at 03:34 PM.
Backy 51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:26 AM   #15
AG-51_Sabot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drac View Post
George AFB brings back memories.
My dad was stationed at George. I grew up in Barstow...Kinda sad when you say it out loud.

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
AG-51_Sabot is offline   Reply With Quote