DCS World - Venom (F-16C mod)

Blinxis

Oh man, I can't get enough of this. I watched it 50 times - at least :yes:

The intense spectacle combined with the background dialogues, the perfect timing of cuts (applied to the music: SAM launch, explosions, appearance of MiGs) created an immersive atmosphere. That really sucked me in :D

Pure MASTERPIECE !!! :surprise:

BTW:

What was this "rich in adrenaline" music :music_walkman: what you used for this brilliant video ? :punk:

sign-pic4.jpg

Incredible video! thanks!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Oh man, I can't get enough of this. I watched it 50 times - at least :yes:

The intense spectacle combined with the background dialogues, the perfect timing of cuts (applied to the music: SAM launch, explosions, appearance of MiGs) created an immersive atmosphere. That really sucked me in :D

Pure MASTERPIECE !!! :surprise:

BTW:

What was this "rich in adrenaline" music :music_walkman: what you used for this brilliant video ? :punk:

Thank you very much! It was fun getting the music synced up with it. The music was made by Sunlight Defect, and the track in question can be found in the link below. He makes some good stuff, and he's wrongly underwatched!

Incredible video! thanks!

Thank you for watching!

...The music was made by Sunlight Defect, and the track in question can be found in the link below....

▲ Thanks for the info :thumbup:

OMG :doh: I didn't think that was the name of the performer/track. :hehe:

I thought you were mentioning some lighting/reflecting bug on the shining fuselage of the aircraft. :rotflmao:

Maybe this label would have been better ▼ :smilewink: Maybe next time

4e05Ohn.jpg

sign-pic4.jpg

▲ Thanks for the info :thumbup:

OMG :doh: I didn't think that was the name of the performer/track. :hehe:

I thought you were mentioning some lighting/reflecting bug on the shining fuselage of the aircraft. :rotflmao:

Maybe this label would have been better ▼ :smilewink: Maybe next time

I'll be 100% honest. I didn't even think about adding "Music: or "Music By." lol.

I'll definitely have to do that next time! :thumbup:

Very cool video, all the planes were AI? Cause AFAIK is not possible to use HARM's on any mod, right?

The F-16 that evaded the SA-3 and dropped MK84s on the airfield was me. The rest of the shots were purely AI (to include the HARM shots and dogfight). I had to tweak the mod to include a CAS category, and assigned "ARM" as the weapon to both the SA-3 TR and SR. Trust me I wanted to use that HARM more than that AI did :lol:

The F-16 that evaded the SA-3 and dropped MK84s on the airfield was me. The rest of the shots were purely AI (to include the HARM shots and dogfight). I had to tweak the mod to include a CAS category, and assigned "ARM" as the weapon to both the SA-3 TR and SR. Trust me I wanted to use that HARM more than that AI did :lol:

Thanks for the explanation, is the mod publicly available?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Hey Blinxis, great stuff! I too was entertained.

Can you share where you got the livery you were using on the F-16? I didn't see it in the VSN F-16 package.

Thanks.

Thank you!

I created the skins myself for the video. Below is the dropbox link for the "Liveries" and "Textures" files that need to be replaced within the VSN_F16 folder. I'm not a skinner so the file structure/lua might be a bit messy.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e807n9g7urtyer4/AACdQifW9zWoWTjjZuI_fuS5a?dl=0

I've also included the link for the psd file in-case you want to modify the Shaw skins.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsixmk0odiy8315/VSN_F16C_Set2_SDV.psd?dl=0

Please let me know if you have an issue with any of these links/folders/files.

And I have installed!

I placed the mod under this path. Yours could look slightly different. Please let me know if that works!

C:\Users\*username*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\

Beautiful Video man! keep it up! I really thought it was part of the "real" viper shit and you were a beta tester LOL....

Anyways, You definitely are good in this "video business" Congrats! Thanks for a grate little entertainment and Kudos mate!

Got the skin working Blinxis, thanks a bunch! A IDF skin would be amazing, isn't it?

No problem! I'd be surprised if an IDF skin wasn't included in the F-16C release. It would take me days to do something like that again :p

Beautiful Video man! keep it up! I really thought it was part of the "real" viper shit and you were a beta tester LOL....

Anyways, You definitely are good in this "video business" Congrats! Thanks for a grate little entertainment and Kudos mate!

Thank you! Man I would love to fly that thing asap, but it seems like it's just around the corner. I'll be patient lol. I appreciate the kind words! :thumbup: