Sabre External RoughMets Now active?

==Wiggy==

Looks like the new OB Patch activated RoughMets on teh Sabre? SPEC files are completely gone. Which means that ALL v2.0 Paints that use the SPEC file swill be borked in the new 2.5.5 sim. I've started redoing my skins starting with the base metal and the 334th FIS F-86A. I've also taken this opportunity to Create MIPs which my previous skins lacked. I'm also adding refined areas for better overall textures.

Screen_190608_172404.png

Screen_190608_172010.png

Screen_190608_172244.png

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

OedNY7.jpg

Will finally be able to make paint look realistic, from glossy to matte finishes. :D

Now, I am making my own roughmet files anyway, but is anyone else having issues opening the default roughmets? Closest I get is a plain black file, in Photoshop CS, any other program I try gets an error when trying to open the files (Gimp, DXTBmp).

I also created my own Template from the stock BST one way back. I don't use the SZ one. At that time I created my own SPEC template as well so conversion although time consuming has been quite easy and all my paints are preserved in those templates. So.its just a matter of converting each one. I've converted the SPEC to roughmet for the base metal skins.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

It is good and bad.

Good because we're moving forward. Bad because your favorite user made paints will no longer work correctly until they are updated by their authors.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Haha just read how that sounds...I meant your favorite paints, if they are user made, by any user, myself included, will no longer work correctly if they used custom spec files as part of.the texture package.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

rick are you posting these? Sorry to be dense but where can I find them?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse

Hi Rick,

Wonderful skins. If I may chip in with my 2 cents, I would make them much lighter. I found the best outcome is if the base color is almost white, and the rough met settings do the rest of the job of making it look like aluminum. See here:

336fu541c.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=212393&stc=1&d=1561083833

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.c56f6144c2673432c4c1273a2227a5e3.jpg

Edited by Reflected

Nice! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.

Hi Rick,

Wonderful skins. If I may chip in with my 2 cents, I would make them much lighter. I found the best outcome is if the base color is almost white, and the rough met settings do the rest of the job of making it look like aluminum. See here:

336fu541c.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=212393&stc=1&d=1561083833

Already going down that path my friend. Those preview images for the record are with base color very light grey. I've been editing the RoughMets further I just haven't posted any pics. Great pics BTW.

Cheers,

Rick

CSEL\CMEL\IFR

Certified Airplane Nut

Cool! Love that wing and stars. Perfect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]