Ka50 lighting/shaders in cockpit looks ugly with 2.5!!

annoluce

Pilots,

Yesterday we did a multiplayer flight using 2.5 and Ka-50. No one of my flight mates was able to see nothing in the cockpit. The mission was at night, when the daylight came it got slightly better but during the night I was not able to distinguish the single switches, all was pitch black also using cockpit light and I wasn't able to ramp start.

Now I don't think it is a problem of instrument lighting as some reported.

It is a problem of cockpit lighting/shading, at higher /general video shading level, how to say.

All seems to be ugly, over-contrasted, such as if the curves and the black point of the shading was completely mistaken, and the sensation was to have a layer of haze in the cockpit, something I saw only when applying SweetFX shaders to a game and doing it completely wrong.

Will this be fixed? I hope so, because in the 1.5 the Ka50 using Ricardo texture was a piece of beauty.

I use Oculus and the cockpit lighting/shading is one of the reasons to go VR and use it with DCS, to start with.

Somone is experiencing the same? Hopefully ED is working on this otherwise I would say the Ka50 is unplayable.

Cheers

Max

What is the thread you are referring to?

I see a few threads about this issue, but all the threads are misleadingly describing a problem with instrument lights, which is NOT the issue. The cockpit shading is completely wrong, and this issue is independent from the intruments lights. Instruments not being visible is the consequence of having a bad shading/lighting, not the cause.