Gazelle plexiglass scratch bug

Dave317

That is not how I see the gazelle after the latest update, after sorting out the tooltip issue it seems to work fine in VR.

Looks like there might be some over MSAA or AF going on although the layer in the side screen isn't cut out for the metal upright in the window, odd.

I see normal blemishes and reflections in the windscreens gotta say I missed them from the initial 2.1.x update. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I noticed this also. I had to modify SA342_cpt_glass_norm.bmp in \DCS World 2 OpenAlpha\CoreMods\aircraft\SA342\Textures\SA342.zip and now it is clear again. I believe that it has something to do with the lighting, but I'm not an expert. I did not notice it before the latest update.

It's only if you catch the sun on it I think. On certain angles it doesn't show up. The small upright part where it is a lot clearer is where the window is slightly open.

Okay I get that, I was referring to the frame vertical member and how the layer isn't cut around it. ;)

Not the open bit. :megalol:

I've put the Gazelle through a lot after getting it going after the latest update and it seems to work very well. Thank you DCS :thumbup:. Just saying maybe you have some issue maybe with settings to high or install have you tried a repair of your install?

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Okay the other difference is I fly with VR so maybe there are different files use for the rendered objects for 2d vs 3d so I can't offer any more after you've done the repair utility.

I guess either as some have suggested change/replace the file or wait till ED fix it.

Good luck. :thumbup:

• 6 months later...
Is this going to get fixed? In some lighting conditions it's impossible to see through the windows, making this module effectively useless.

6f07lDf.png

Same Issue here. Hopefully it will get fixed ASAP. Another problem is the Pilot Gun sight. at some lighting conditions i cant aim at all. the sights go white/grey with about only 80% opacity. Not only that but on top of that the lightningf conditions dont change smoothly. So sometimes at the right angles and conditions the sight just keeps flashing

I originally thought this was only on the main Side Windows, but I have since noticed that it is also affecting the Upper Side Windows (same scratchy texture but Tiled much more tightly) AND I also discovered it is also visible on the Front Windscreen (also tiled tightly). However, it is hard to notice on the front windshield whereas it's impossible to miss on either of the side windows.

It is extremely annoying AND it has been in existence for several MONTHS now !

Polychop ... Please FIX this soon.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I originally thought this was only on the main Side Windows, but I have since noticed that it is also affecting the Upper Side Windows (same scratchy texture but Tiled much more tightly) AND I also discovered it is also visible on the Front Windscreen (also tiled tightly). However, it is hard to notice on the front windshield whereas it's impossible to miss on either of the side windows.

It is extremely annoying AND it has been in existence for several MONTHS now !

Polychop ... Please FIX this soon.

Hello.

You can fix it with adding the file attached in your gazelle textures.Zip file.

Hope this help you.

best regards

• Like 1

Will this affect multiplayer?

Also - devs should fix problems with the product .. not the customers.

Edit: apologies .. didn't mean to appear ungrateful there. Your help is appreciated. But hopefully also the Devs will address this issue so all players can benefit without having to hack the texture files.

Edited by epoch

Will this affect multiplayer?

Also - devs should fix problems with the product .. not the customers.

Edit: apologies .. didn't mean to appear ungrateful there. Your help is appreciated. But hopefully also the Devs will address this issue so all players can benefit without having to hack the texture files.

:smilewink:No problem .

I know how it's frustating when the updates take a long time to come.

For multiplayer , I don't know sorry.

bye

Edited by sushy73

You can fix it with adding the file attached in your gazelle textures.Zip file.

I hate to have to ask, but can you tell me HOW to add this file to the gazelle textures.zip file AND WHERE I can even find said file ?

My DCS is currently Uninstalled.

I will reinstall it at some point and this will be one of the things I will want to do immediately when I do reinstall it.

Thanks in Advance.

SnowTiger:joystick:

I hate to have to ask, but can you tell me HOW to add this file to the gazelle textures.zip file AND WHERE I can even find said file ?

My DCS is currently Uninstalled.

I will reinstall it at some point and this will be one of the things I will want to do immediately when I do reinstall it.

Thanks in Advance.

To do this :

"Dezip" the textures file who's in your DCS directory/core mods/aircraft/SA342/textures then paste the file I 've uploaded and "rezip" the textures file . Done.

Enjoy.

Bye

Edited by sushy73