on the roadmap project suggestion

cauldron

I would like to mention two aircraft that would IMO fit well, and expand the internationality of the DCS modules. I think these may actually be good contenders for consideration at least:

The Chinese J10:

and the Indian indigenous designed Tejas:

Maybe these may be down the road at some time.

J-10.thumb.jpg.b950dbd1b15912fe7e555ae7feb3ce35.jpg

76459126_J102.thumb.jpg.616be6566b73bab571f9b7aefd6a2072.jpg

534713119_J103.jpg.d8eedc3dd0a36510f7959c576c096a18.jpg

1868021792_tejas1.jpg.7af52de6d99d268e06b831f81eb9d92a.jpg

1337992061_tejas2.jpg.6c2894d35302ea34ae55f8d0941efc1a.jpg

1143399704_tejas4.jpg.9c7be9fcb697cf728fde5789d3462012.jpg

926517106_tejas5.thumb.jpg.84430134255ab580a98996e37d477e29.jpg

I would like to mention two aircraft that would IMO fit well, and expand the internationality of the DCS modules. I think these may actually be good contenders for consideration at least:

The Chinese J10:

and the Indian indigenous designed Tejas:

Maybe these may be down the road at some time.

They both look nice. I'm not sure how much information would be available for the developers to make accurate simulations of those two (especially the J-10), but I would love to see both in DCS. :thumbup:

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Mig-29K, Su-24, Mig-25, J-8II, J-10 , Tornado

Specifications:

Windows 10 64Bit, i7-7700K 4.2Ghz, GTX 1080, 16Gb RAM, T.flight Stick X

There's never enough indigenous fighters. :D There's way too many US aircraft being created and not enough of anything else to balance it. :P

Modules:

Owned:

P-51D, F/A-18C, AJS-37, NTTR, F-5E, M-2000C, Bf 109, Fw 190 D-9, F-86F, Mig-15Bis, A-10C, Combined Arms, Mi-8Mtv2, UH-1H, Black Shark 2, Mig-21Bis, FC3, F-14A/B, Mig-19, Spitfire, JF-17, Persian Gulf

Would Like to See:

Specifications:

There's never enough indigenous fighters. :D There's way too many US aircraft being created and not enough of anything else to balance it. :P

OMG you used the word balance! Be prepared to suffer the consequences mortal! The dcs gods will be upon you in no time!

Wouldn't a plane from the US be indigenous to the US, so ipso facto an indigenous fighter?

~Rob

Correct. The term is meaningless in this context.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I think we would all like "All The Things" for DCS, but my suggestion would be to flesh out the Hormuz map protagonists a little more. We have F18, AV8B, Tomcat, already in the pipeline. There's a gap for their natural opposing airframes needing filled. With more of those we actually have a half decent theater of war in a convincing setting that allows for more realism in the sandbox.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

I think we would all like "All The Things" for DCS, but my suggestion would be to flesh out the Hormuz map protagonists a little more. We have F18, AV8B, Tomcat, already in the pipeline. There's a gap for their natural opposing airframes needing filled. With more of those we actually have a half decent theater of war in a convincing setting that allows for more realism in the sandbox.

Well, India is literally next door to the straits, and China is the biggest user of the straits, more than any other country.... Good scenario maker huh :pilotfly:

Edited by cauldron

Well, India is literally next door to the straits(...)

Uhm, no. Although I haven't seen any confirmation of the actual size of the map anywhere, the map shown at the TBS site (link) ends at approximately Gwadar, Pakistan. Which is 613km (380 miles) from the Indian border. And the actual strait (or at least the narrowest part) is 1220km/760mi from the Indian border. So that's like saying Washington DC is literally next door to Orlando.

[/nitpick mode]

Wouldn't a plane from the US be indigenous to the US, so ipso facto an indigenous fighter?

~Rob

Good point. Maybe we should use "non-massively exported planes" instead. :P

OMG you used the word balance! Be prepared to suffer the consequences mortal! The dcs gods will be upon you in no time!

May the dcs gods forgive me. :angel:

Modules:

Owned:

Would Like to See:

Specifications:

But Iran is pretty much on it (with Oman and the UAE) and they have MiG-29s in their arsenal. If we were looking for some opposition, that would fit almost anywhere. Though it is never going to be made, if so then with unimaginable luck. The Russian method of secrecy really hurts sims. And because ED are Russian, that means they are open to legal action from their government.

And China/India aren't really enemies. If it were possible to get the documentation without getting executed for espionage, great! But "sadly" non of us want to die, at least I hope so.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

But Iran is pretty much on it (with Oman and the UAE) and they have MiG-29s in their arsenal. If we were looking for some opposition, that would fit almost anywhere. Though it is never going to be made, if so then with unimaginable luck. The Russian method of secrecy really hurts sims. And because ED are Russian, that means they are open to legal action from their government.

And China/India aren't really enemies. If it were possible to get the documentation without getting executed for espionage, great! But "sadly" non of us want to die, at least I hope so.

If the map goes all the way up to Iraq and Kuwait the Mig-25 and Mig-23 would be a possibility. :smilewink:

Modules:

Owned:

Would Like to See:

Specifications:

Many more users of mig29 worldwide, so info not impossible to find. Also If an older version of mig29 is represented and sold from outside the ed shop exposure could be kept to a minimum.

Not everything is impossible. Provided the will is there.

Uhm, no. Although I haven't seen any confirmation of the actual size of the map anywhere, the map shown at the TBS site (link) ends at approximately Gwadar, Pakistan. Which is 613km (380 miles) from the Indian border. And the actual strait (or at least the narrowest part) is 1220km/760mi from the Indian border. So that's like saying Washington DC is literally next door to Orlando.

[/nitpick mode]

:doh: sigh, I'll bite on this one.

Did you walk or fly the way from DC to Disney World? Ok, slightly more seriously now:

Actually yes, "literally next door" means India is close by to the straits and including their aircraft to represent that countries potential interests is very plausible. As is China, for the same reasons that the US is considered - 'national interests' So,according to your own nitpicking then only aircraft from the states represented on the actual map should be included. Guess no one can come up with hypothetical scenarios with which to make missions with the editor for people to join up and play ( its what this sim does ).

So, negatory, nada to US planes because a state not on the map would never deploy to a local base to act out in their interests, oh wait doesn't the US have a very big base in Qatar currently? - What about those big movable ones, you know, what are they called... uh Carriers! Guess its totally out of the question to think other countries would as well huh - :music_whistling:

As far as enemies are concerned, this is a flight simulator, not a think tank for the defense department; luckily, in the middle-east, more so than in Georgia for that matter, or Nevada, or Normandy even, its easy to simulate all kinds of adversaries in 'simulated play' in the middle east - why? because all parties can be potential adversaries of each other. Give India for example, it could get into a row easily with Pakistan which may have some influence to purchase defense assets or actual involvement from the US, that could grow into Russia sympathetic to India as well as China getting involved as well... wow that was easy, and it took me 5 seconds to come up with that one, now it just needs someone to make a scenario in the ME and the jets are off!:pilotfly:

Lets not "nay-say" so quickly, if aircraft could be brought in and could have a place in DCS then by no means should we be "nit picking" from a sequestered point of view. So I say, if there are two planes that might be included I respond with... "HHoohhh, twins! Take 'em. Take 'em take 'em take 'em take 'em!"

Edited by cauldron
I love Tiny Tina

Most aircraft that we have are either Western (mostly US) or Eastern (mostly Russian), these fit everywhere. These (to be honest only the US, with little exception for the Tornado, etc) are also the factions that most people want to see planes from, so a good match.

Planes like the J-10, MiG-29, etc are, very likely, not going to be made. They just don't have the demand that a Tornado, F-16, F-15, F-18, Eurofighter, and so on, would have. Just the sad way how things are.

Not to say that most people are opposed to them being made, they would just like to see other aircraft (mostly Western) being made first.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

bottom line remains its highly unlikely to acquire information/license for either the j-10 or tejas, especially not the j-10, so give it a rest.

especially with the duplicate crossposts. theres a general wishlist forum for general wishes.

Edited by probad

For all these suggestions (which I think will be great in DCS) the first step is to get the detailed system and flight performance information. I am sure if you could get that information and approach the devs with it, you could get something happening.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Maybe a vanilla or export model MiG-29 could happen, but it would be much more realistic to expect a MiG-23. You never know if it has something in it that the authorities don't want you to know how to operate. And it originates from the SU, which adds some unnecessary difficulties.

But really, there are much more attractive options out there. The same F-16 would be easier to get documentation on, have little to no chance of complicated legal action. And would sell tons more. Providing you stick with a reasonable block.

There are no Eastern fighters above 3rd gen in DCS, and that's because ED got into legal trouble making one. I can't remember the exact model, but it was a full fidelity Su-27 that would rival the F-18C in DCS. Sadly we have no such thing, and you have the Russian government to blame for that.

There still is hope for an early MiG-29 in DCS, but it's slim. It's good to keep your expectations conservative, a pleasant surprise is preferable to a disappointment.

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]