2nd keyboard with custom key mappings?

so long as it has keyboard scan codes, i don't see why not

problem would be when there are No regular keyboard scancodes like the macro-keys of Logitec game boards?

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for all your work so far steve, and your generosity with the code, this really is a game changer for me.

DCS aside this will totally transform my workflow in all the design and music applications I use, it already has, now researching the best way to print custom keyboard stickers.

@HiJack are you taking this up ?

Yes I am creating a gitHUB project of this. Will be up in a couple of days if all goes to the plan. And I agree, very good job of Steve to get this app working so far!

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys, sooooo something does exist to do just this.

here's a video of a guy who was able to hookup 14 keyboards as all separate devices

created using

http://www.hidmacros.eu/

just need to know how .lua coding works, or find tutorials

heres a quick tutorial

was essentially created for flight sims

Edited by SierraFox

Saitek X-52 | Track IR 5 w/ TrackClip | DSD "Trackzilla" Button Box

Flaming Cliffs 3 | F-5e | Mirage 2000 | A-10c | Harrier AV-8B

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

HiJack,

Did you post the code on GitHub? I would like to see the code extended to support multiple keyboards.

Thanks for your effort.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

HiJack,

Did you post the code on GitHub? I would like to see the code extended to support multiple keyboards.

Thanks for your effort.

Project is up on Git but my primary goal for this project is not to extend the program for multiple keyboards but to create a GUI for key assignment and a system tray program in stead of running a Windows command window.

https://github.com/HubJack/Remapper-GUI

EDIT: Removed the repository for now. Need a bit more time to get it in shape.

Edited by HiJack

Project is up on Git but my primary goal for this project is not to extend the program for multiple keyboards but to create a GUI for key assignment and a system tray program in stead of running a Windows command window.

https://github.com/HubJack/Remapper-GUI

and the ability to transfer a macro sequence in stead of 1 key only plz

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...
This is something I knocked up a few years ago. Not the cheapest option, but nice and compact and easily configurable:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1032797#post1032797

I'm using this one: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-ca/product/g13-advanced-gameboard

24 keys multiplied on 3 profiles = 72 functions + 3 mini joysticks. Fully and easily programmable, including macros.

i5-9600K@4.8GHz 32Gb DDR4 Asus TUF rtx3080 OC Quest Pro Warthog on Virpil base

• 1 year later...
Yeah that's the "program" that is doing nothing. Installs nothing, does nothing.

Ok, now I see, it's a joke thread.

That's an amazing reply, bit dumb, for it works here.

Are you able to read ?

Some short hints.

- Download the .zip

- read the download page CAREFULLY (over and over)

<<-----

.. you need to find the hardware ID for your <second keyboard> = Numpad.

Bla bla bla that has an ENTER key

> you run a CMD window in the remapper.exe directory so Win can find remapper.exe (or add path)

> you type in the command line <remapper.exe>

> DO NOT hit ENTER on your main keyboard

> hit the ENTER key on the numboard

> this will generate an ID on the screen

> copy paste the ID into a notepad

> you need this ID as the VERY FISRT LINE of your command config file, let’s say <DCS.TXT>

>>>> in DCS you need to ADD simple key commands to the definitions config, for remapper CAN NOT distinguish between double shift keys (or, I think the Window) -Keys

> you find the code for the keys of the Numpad by reading the text CAREFULLY,

> you add or checked simple keystrokes for the commands

> you write this out in the config.file that has the ID as first line

> you run remapper.exe <config.file> as the command line,

et voila.

1 of my config.files, in this case DCS.TXT (I can use 2 Numpads for the 2 MFCD’s of the A10C):

(start)

HID\VID_1710&PID_5612&REV_0100

<space>Keypad Black remapper / enter a comment with a space at the start of the line like this, "NUM" are the keys of the Numpad, <NUMKEY>space<KEY COMMAND>space<YOUR OWN DESCRIPTION //

Num/ rS-2 ROSB2 TGP A-G

Num* rS-4 ROSB4 TGP A-A

Num- U Coolie Up HUD SOI

Num7 S-1 FLT PLAN

Num8 S-2 MARK

Num9 S-3 MISSION

Num+ U Coolie Up HUD SOI

Num4 A-5 LOSB15 TAD

Num5 A-4 LOSB14 DSMS

Num6 A-3 LOSB13 TGP-L

Num1 rA-5 ROSB15 TGP-R

Num2 rA-4 ROSB14 MAV

Num3 rA-3 ROSB14 CDU

Num0 A-3 LOSB13 TGP-L

Num. A-4 LOSB14 DSMS

(END)

that’s it

Edited by majapahit

Get the Cougar MFDs, assign buttons to actions, then make a template showing which is which. Much easier, slightly more money, but you will be happier.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I'm still at it.

Will I finish up with just a .bat file to activate before the game?

Could that .bat file go anywhere?

No, I have not started anything yet. Still reading. (over and over)

run.bat:

remapper DCS.txt

(where DCS.txt is the config files)

in Windows 10 there are/I had problems with security in my start menu directory tree (none in Windows 7)

I have/had trouble in my start menu with copies of the .bat files.

with for instance:

run.bat:

"i:\TEKST\My Games\DCS\Remapper\remapper.exe" DCS.txt

so,

I had to create in my start menu, link files .lnk that in the advanced options have 'run as administrator' checked.

then again one can always go the the directory of the .exe file and start from there

(I have batch files that unload all of the utility files for my flightsims, that took a while before I found out why killing the programs didn't work anymore under Windows 10)

Thank you, I have a feeling I know what you are talking about. Although that's a bit further on at this stage. But yes, I'm starting to get it.

Can I make changes to that file for different aircraft?

Start game with A-10c then switch to slightly different settings for F-5 by switching .bat's?

Friday tomorrow, yehaa, with no alarm clock set for Saturday I'm giving it all a try soon.

yep

run the .bat in a DOS-box, it will show you the definitions of the config_file

That's what I did, much, much easier. Plug them in assign the buttons to what you want and fly.

I find them too big, no room on my desk, have 4 screens and 2x HOTAS already there, these keypads are small