Coming back after a long hiatus: Advice sought - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #11
Home Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahger View Post
There appears to be no official channel through which to pose the question about the free Nellis map I never claimed so if any of you guys has a contact I can approach directly, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!

I would open a trouble ticket and let ED run with it.

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:20 PM   #12
schurem

Quote:
I am coming back
Now there's a name I haven't heard in quite a long time..
Old 01-11-2019, 03:17 PM   #13
Sabadin

Send a message via AIM to Sabadin Send a message via MSN to Sabadin

Quote:
Ok, I am now in the thick of rebuilding my DCS install and adding to it. There appears to be no official channel through which to pose the question about the free Nellis map I never claimed so if any of you guys has a contact I can approach directly, I'd be much obliged. Thanks!
Having been through a similar scenario, as long as you remember your DCS e-shop username to be able to recover you're password, then you're all set. If the profile contains an A-10C key from the open beta then your NTTR key was automatically added to your profile.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:22 PM   #14
Bahger

Yup, it was a very efficient business in the end and I am now up and running with all modules available and a new Nevada map! It's so interesting to note the improved state of DCS after all these years (Starting with Lock-On). The things I am seeing now were not just unavailable when I last played but almost inconceivable. Thanks for all your help and encouragement, guys. I am in the process of setting up the HOTAS (with TM TARGET...wish me luck) on my "starter" jet, the L-39, which has a sentimental association for me and should be relatively easy to learn.
Bahger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:23 PM   #15
Home Fries

Quote:
I am in the process of setting up the HOTAS (with TM TARGET...wish me luck)
If you have MFDs, you should check out the TARGET profile in my signature .

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.

My DCS Files and Skins
My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
Home Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #16
Bahger

Thank you, Home Fries. I am having a bad time trying to get this profile, which looks very good, to work. I did all the file transfers using great advice from this thread but every time I activate the combined virtual device in TARGET it disables my joystick and I have to get out of TARGET and recycle the joystick's USB connection to get it working again. You are obviously a Warthog power user; can you suggest an L-39 profile that works? I am gnashing my teeth. If there isn't one, I will map all the commands in DCS but it will be a trudge.

Last edited by Bahger; 01-11-2019 at 08:47 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #17
Bahger

Quote:
Thank you, Home Fries. I am having a bad time trying to get this profile, which looks very good, to work. I did all the file transfers using great advice from this thread but every time I activate the combined virtual device in TARGET it disables my joystick and I have to get out of TARGET and recycle the joystick's USB connection to get it working again. You are obviously a Warthog power user; can you suggest an L-39 profile that works? I am gnashing my teeth. If there isn't one, I will map all the commands in DCS but it will be a trudge.
Wait, I think I fixed it. I had forgotten how quirky all this stuff can be, with so many devices having to play nice...