Best Enhancement to DCS ever - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-10-2019, 06:42 PM   #21
sk000tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-hendrix View Post
I have this : a wireless mouse that has been fitted on a glove with 4switvh on the index . This is my vr "mouse" just need to look at the switch

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
its... beautiful...

have same bit kit btw, probably favorite gift i've received in years.
sk000tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:43 PM   #22
tdyrsmid

https://derekspearedesigns.com/index.html
tdyrsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #23
tdyrsmid

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky-hendrix View Post
I have this : a wireless mouse that has been fitted on a glove with 4switvh on the index . This is my vr "mouse" just need to look at the switch

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk
Where can I get a glove mouse like this?
tdyrsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:50 AM   #24
Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk000tch View Post
Its a frustration at times because you have to find a different solution to what's usually bound to it, but on every module I have the paddle switch bound as a modifier. It opens ever hat/button/switch on the WH to a second use - so, for example, unshifted hat is trim, shifted hat is left-left click, right-right click, up-scroll wheel up, down-scroll wheel down. Center VR, various other things I would have room for (NVG gain, changing f-18 CM programs, hood, launch bar, probe, JHMCS knob, AA/AG modes), are all on hotas. I rarely if ever take my hands off.

Useful on other modules as well. I have VR zoom as left pinky toggle (forward), and as shifted trigger. Fire gun is trigger obviuosly, but also shifted full pull. So straffing, if I want, I can pull the paddle and autozoom as I engage PAC, or not.

I've tried a lot of setups, and while bindings are personal preference, this is hands down best i've used
Nice one. I use a similar setup but have never thought of using the right click left click with a modifier. Gonna try that tonight.

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #25
majapahit

I just figured out mouse actions with VR goggles in the UI layer. LR click UD wheel scroll.

Problem was the blue pointer 1st time shows up way in the right down corner of the VR vision (somehow, in my setup, perhaps because there's the "FLY" button).

Solved this with VoiceAttack (10$), define "mouse", command-1. click left mouse button (makes the VR cursor show up), command-2. move mouse pointer to center of the visible screen, now just say 'mouse' in the microphone.

Et voila (Bind to a 4 way button/shifted perhaps).

Great aircraft.
Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 16GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen | VR googles
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #26
stuartaston

@majapahit … I have exactly the same problem can you share how you resolved the centring in VA?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei5-6600K @ 4.50 GHz, 16Gb RAM, GeForce GTX1070Ti 8Gb, Dell S2716DG + Iiyama E2407 HDS, Thrustmaster Warthog + TFRP + TrackIR 5 + TrackClipPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

Last edited by stuartaston; 01-11-2019 at 06:28 PM.
stuartaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:21 PM   #27
sk000tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
Nice one. I use a similar setup but have never thought of using the right click left click with a modifier. Gonna try that tonight.

Thanks.
ya it works well, I still grab the mouse half the time because its faster but try to force myself when not trying to catch up to the plane.

Also consider the trigger thing- I don't do it in the 18 but for the a-10 shifted trigger zoom is fantastic. Its smooth as silk, you can kind of feather it in and out as needed, check your alignment, release PAC and readjust, zoom, fire or don't engage any zoom at all. Takes a little getting used to but super smooth once you are.
sk000tch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 06:47 PM   #28
majapahit

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartaston View Post
@majapahit … I have exactly the same problem can you share how you resolved the centring in VA?
New Command
When I Say : 'mouse' (or something)
command button Mouse - 1st : Click / Mouse Click and Double-Click / Click left mouse - OK
command button Mouse - 2nd : Move / Move the Mouse Cursor to Location / Move to Specific Location / drop-down 'Cursor screen Center' - OK

You now have 2 commands in 'do the following sequence' list, it clicks the left mouse button to have the mouse cursor appear, then second command centers the cursor in the middle of where your head is looking

so for APU first look at the APU and then say 'mouse' etc.
Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 16GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 40" 1080p TV | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen | VR googles
majapahit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:25 PM   #29
stuartaston

thanks !

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei5-6600K @ 4.50 GHz, 16Gb RAM, GeForce GTX1070Ti 8Gb, Dell S2716DG + Iiyama E2407 HDS, Thrustmaster Warthog + TFRP + TrackIR 5 + TrackClipPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite
stuartaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #30
Mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk000tch View Post
ya it works well, I still grab the mouse half the time because its faster but try to force myself when not trying to catch up to the plane.

Also consider the trigger thing- I don't do it in the 18 but for the a-10 shifted trigger zoom is fantastic. Its smooth as silk, you can kind of feather it in and out as needed, check your alignment, release PAC and readjust, zoom, fire or don't engage any zoom at all. Takes a little getting used to but super smooth once you are.
Just got it all set-up and it works really well. I also tried the PAC zoom thing. Superb!

Many thanks.