VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

I have an issue with AIRIO (2.5.15.2) on DCS open beta.

Whenever I have more than one A2G weapon type loaded the voice commands select the wrong type.

For example if I have MK82s and Rockeyes on board then saying "select Rockeyes" will actually select the MK82s and "select Mk82s" will select the Rockeyes until one of them is expended.

Not a big deal since it easily worked around but I'd appreciate any idea how to fix it.

Edited by Blackeye

I have an issue with AIRIO (2.5.15.2) on DCS open beta.

Whenever I have more than one A2G weapon type loaded the voice commands select the wrong type.

For example if I have MK82s and Rockeyes on board then saying "select Rockeyes" will actually select the MK20c and "select Mk82s" will select the Rockeyes until one of them is expended.

Not a big deal since it easily worked around but I'd appreciate any idea how to fix it.

@Hollywood_315 I Confirm, it's a AIRIO bug. It works well on Jester Wheel.

Hello Hollywood in the f-14 the Val high and low not work, jester answer but there is no change in the plane.

Thanks

Do you Mean VSL Hi and Lo? If so IDK why Hollywood included the commands in AIRIO because this are Pilot controlled modes, Jester can't control this modes, or maybe Hollywood decided to give that functionality through Vaicom anyway. But indeed it does not appear to be working. In any case I don't get a response from Jester, just the text acknowledging that the Command was received in DCS. Other than that appears to have no function.

Edited by lxsapper

Sorry, yes I mean both vsl high and low, and yes there is a rio panel that can choose that, that’s why it is there for command

I believe only Hollywood can tell why he included the command. Like I said it's a pilot function, you have keybinds for it, or you can assign them to your HOTAS, even though in the jet that switch is on the left side wall not on the HOTAS.

When adding a new command phrase in the Keyword editor, as I type the new word (i.e. "Hog" for "Hawg1"), the autotype feature pulls up new existing category and segments in existence, effectively changing the existing Category. I thought it might be a windows autocorrect issue, but as I turned if off, it's still happening.

Edited by Shack

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is it all commands you struggle with, or just particular keywords? I had the latter problem and had to add particular words to the Windows dictionary and voice train those. Definitely worth persevering with.

It recognizes the command but rejects it. That is all commands. The command is spelled out as it should be,but rejected.Vanilla VA works with 99% accuracy, the plug in hears and recognizes the commands but rejects or needs more input.

When adding a new command phrase in the Keyword editor, as I type the new word (i.e. "Hog" for "Hawg1"), the autotype feature pulls up new existing category and segments in existence, effectively changing the existing Category. I thought it might be a windows autocorrect issue, but as I turned if off, it's still happening.

I'm not entirely sure of what you are describing or what you are trying to accomplish. But if you want to create a new command you must do it in the profile. The keyword editor is for adding/altering aliases to Vaicom commands.

It recognizes the command but rejects it. That is all commands. The command is spelled out as it should be,but rejected.Vanilla VA works with 99% accuracy, the plug in hears and recognizes the commands but rejects or needs more input.

What confidence level is Voiceattack set to and are you using VSPX in Vaicom?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I'm not entirely sure of what you are describing or what you are trying to accomplish. But if you want to create a new command you must do it in the profile. The keyword editor is for adding/altering aliases to Vaicom commands.

Here is what I mean ... I'm trying to rename a Keyword "HAWG" to "HOG" in the speech engine. When I click on Alias and I get the "HAWG1" alias, I type over it as "HOG" but that triggers different Command ( Shows ATC Hornet Ball ) see video. Thanks !

https://vimeo.com/user20577940/review/391297637/f14969830d

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is what I mean ... I'm trying to rename a Keyword "HAWG" to "HOG" in the speech engine. When I click on Alias and I get the "HAWG1" alias, I type over it as "HOG" but that triggers different Command ( Shows ATC Hornet Ball ) see video. Thanks !

https://vimeo.com/user20577940/review/391297637/f14969830d

Try to write your command after "HAWG1" (you'll get ex., HAWG1HOG), then delete HAWG1... Had the same issue a few days ago.

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

Try to write your command after "HAWG1" (you'll get ex., HAWG1HOG), then delete HAWG1... Had the same issue a few days ago.

Thanks guys. That worked !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

Reverb Pro HMD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I never used another profile but "VAICOM PRO for DCS World" so I guess I should be good to go, but radio tune does not do anything.

Does it show as recognised in the Vaicom window? Also, are you following the commands as on page 45 of the user guide?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Why can't you understand me

Hey folks!

I am kinda new to the whole voice recognition via DCS. To be honest, I am kinda wondering why I have gone down this rabbit hole... I digress lol... Right now I am having a complete difference in interpretations from 2 different pieces of software. Cortana seems to understand me when I say certain phrases, and Voice attack does not.

For instance, I say "power" in VA and it thinks "tower" but I click on Cortana and she hears power. I have done a lot of various attempts of honing in the speech. I have done the MS speech recognition read out louds multiple times. added the words to dictionary, even checked back and forth with the VRFX or whatever. While VRFX is a little better, Cortana is always dead on. Voice attack never works like Cortana.

All end results seem to be inconsistent. Sometimes Chief hears my cries for power every time. turn off computer turn on and everything is whacky and different.

I did already purchase Pro licenses for VA, Vaicom, VP, if that matters to anyone lol

If you have any ideas you can respond here

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=263298

Thanks

Fang

Edited by Fang333333

@Hollywood_315 DCS open Beta Update seems to have broken something. It won't launch with the required Lua code to run Vaicom.

EDIT:

Did some experimenting here is what I did and my results.

1-Stoped Vaicom from managing DCS side files (manual managing).

2- Followed manual intructions on manual install.

3- speech.lua and common lua have a new path, they are no longer under \sounds but under scripts\speech\ -placed them in the new location

4- ignored gameMessages.lua as the file now seems to be more complex than the one given by Vaicom.

Results: Can load the game, Vaicom recognizes commands, but only AIRIO commmands seem to be working. Other commands don't seem to be sent to DCS.

Edited by lxsapper

+1 - have temporarily taken to flying without Vaicom so I can launch DCS OB

+1 - have temporarily taken to flying without Vaicom so I can launch DCS OB

Ruh roh,

I won't have a chance to check on my end till tomorrow. I got the update a few minutes ago but it is Valentine's and I have a wonderful wife!

So yeah, tomorrow...

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

@Hollywood_315 DCS open Beta Update seems to have broken something. It won't launch with the required Lua code to run Vaicom.

EDIT:

Did some experimenting here is what I did and my results.

1-Stoped Vaicom from managing DCS side files (manual managing).

2- Followed manual intructions on manual install.

3- speech.lua and common lua have a new path, they are no longer under \sounds but under scripts\speech\ -placed them in the new location

4- ignored gameMessages.lua as the file now seems to be more complex than the one given by Vaicom.

Results: Can load the game, Vaicom recognizes commands, but only AIRIO commmands seem to be working. Other commands don't seem to be sent to DCS.

Thanks buddy! I'll try this tomorrow. I had to stop using Viacom, (and fix/repair), to get OB to run.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Same here 2.5.6 will not load with Voiceattack & Vaicom Pro. Only way out is to REPAIR DCS and allow it to delete \Sounds\Speech\common.lua and \Sounds\Speech\speech.lua.

Seems ED have Encrypted all the SOUND files and amended the folder structure, which means Voiceattack/ vaicom is incompatible with 2.5.6