Change DCS world language

laumaya

Hi guys,

I'm french and my DCS is in french.

I would prefer to have DCS in english. How could I do that ?

:helpsmilie:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

Hi guys,

I'm french and my DCS is in french.

I would prefer to have DCS in english. How could I do that ?

In the install folder of DCS , look for the config folder. In there you find the lang.cfg file ....change the letters to your preffered language (using a real text editor, like Notepad++ ... dont use Windows' Notepad) .... and then perform a dcs_updater repair.

Valid language codes are - EN, RU, DE, ES, CZ, FR and CN

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

also KO

Thanks ... didnt knew that Korean had been added :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

In the install folder of DCS , look for the config folder. In there you find the lang.cfg file ....change the letters to your preffered language (using a real text editor, like Notepad++ ... dont use Windows' Notepad) .... and then perform a dcs_updater repair.

Valid language codes are - EN, RU, DE, ES, CZ, FR and CN

Cheers!

Thank you very much :thumbup:

Current specs: Windows 10 64bit, i7-7700K @ 4.8 Ghz, 32 GB RAM, 1 To SSD, RTX2070-Super, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog, TM T.Flight Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever i tried , language don't switch. Stuck to windows language.

Very annoying to not having the choice to chance to English.

Please describe in detail the steps that you’ve tried ... its difficult to help with so little data.

• 4 weeks later...

As I have the same problem, I'll continue here:

Changed language in said file (DCS World OpenBeta\Config\lang.cfg) from "DE" to "EN" (Notepad++) and did a "DCS_updater.exe repair"

-> got a message of successful repair, but no change of language from german to english in UI.

PS:

In "DCS World OpenBeta\l10n" still only one folder "de".

PPS:

Seems the problem was I deleted "CRLF" after "EN" in "lang.cfg". After inserting a new line and repair again it worked.

Edited by Maxpilot

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 year later...

Didn't even have to make a repair update. Simply changing from FR to UK in said file and simply restarting DCS did change the language to english for me

(DCS stable 2.5.5, no beta)

That's good because honestly some of the key definition in french (probably badly translated) were confusing as hell and it made creating a HOTAS file really complicated.

Have a Bandit Day

Red Dog

[sIGPIC]

http://www.ravico.com/ST/perso/Sig_generale.png

[/sIGPIC]

Didn't even have to make a repair update.

The repair is to make sure that any dcs file that is language specific, gets replaced by the correct language version. It takes just a couple of minutes to run, so no point in omitting it.