If there was one AI which would it be

EthanM

Fiesler Storch/ Laysander light type. . .

But, yeah, a mid-late war twin-engined German level bomber. Even if that just meant adding level bombing to the existing Ju-88, I'd be fine with that.

The only other type I think would be cool would be transport (C47/ JU52)

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

All the above!

I'm going to try to turn some attention to make the existing DC3/C47 mod work on OB (Channel) this evening. Seems to at least load in Stable.

We need Ju-52 and Storch/Lysander.

Catalina or other flying boats would be great while we are making wishes into the void. :)

The assets pack needs more civilian land and sea vehicles also.

I am a big proponent for getting aircraft that were used in large numbers in a given area. That way we get representative aircraft, and not extreme "corner cases". So, with that aim, assuming our late war maps (we only have late-war flyables at the moment), and ignoring aircraft types that we have or have already been announced (e.g. FW-190 F8 ), then the most common types deployed* are (in order):

Allied TAF 2

B-26

Typhoon IB

Mk.IV Stirling

Luftflotte 3

Ju 188 ( note 188, not 88 )

He 177 ( note: 177, not 111 )

Of all these, if there was only one AI... then the MkIV Stirling.

Reasons:

• it could be used for multiple roles: transport, bombing or glider-tug
  • it is an RAF bomber (something we don't have)
  • there is not a lot of difference between the MkI, MkIII and MkIV, so it could be used as a stand in for an early war Allied bomber.
  • it was used in reasonably large numbers, but is so under-represented in sims/games.

PS: During my research, I noted that the LW had a reasonable number of transport aircraft, but they were of a mix of types, so there was no single representative variant. Examples included: FW 200, FW 290, LeO 451 and SM.82. Normally, one thinks of the Ju52/3m, but these others were all being used in greater numbers in 1944 France. However, I still think the Stirling Mk.IV is the best choice at an operational level for Normandy or Channel Map late war.

PPS: A Fi-156 Storch would be cool, but flyable... not AI ;)

*Ref: Ehrendardt, C-J, "Operation Overlord", pages 20, 21, 24 and 25