Weird cross-module issue (Mig-21 - AV-8B Harrier)

K-dot-B

Hello All!

I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I have noticed a strange phenomenon with the Mig-21 and the AV-8B, where the Mig seems to corrupt the kneeboard controls of the Harrier (see attached screenshots).

So far I was unable to narrow down the cause of the issue, or find a way to deliberately trigger it, but it happens to me consistently if both modules are installed.

Here's what I know so far:

-Uninstalling or disabling the Mig-21 gets rid of the issue, the kneeboard controls revert to normal on the Harrier

-Installing/enabling the Mig will not trigger the problem immediately, it only happens after a varying amount of time.

-No other controls on my DCS installation are affected (I also have the L-39)

-Repairing DCS doesn't help

-I heard at least one other person report the same kneeboard issue, but with the Mig-19 module, so maybe it is related to RAZBAM products?

I tried to check the input lua files for any obvious discrepancies, but my untrained eyes couldn't spot anything.

Any input would be appreciated, this is a major head-scratcher for me. I'll update this post if I manage to find more clues.

Screen_200521_230238.thumb.png.db10adc10154230cda56567140e68408.png

Screen_200521_230303.thumb.png.fdb492558290650d6caae94c35d24536.png

Edited by K-dot-B

• 2 months later...

Hey guys,

we've looked into this and as it seems, this isn't a MiG-21 issue but a Harrier one due to overlapped inputs. I'm going to send a PM to whoever is responsible for coding Harrier to take a look at that.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7