Questions regarding F-14 features.

Max1mus

You ever look at the structural load limitations of a MiG-25 versus an actual fighter designed to turn? The Foxbat was empty and gross a higher weight than the Tomcat. The Tomcat, however, was by design capable of taking more than *double* the MiG-25s ultimate load factor. It is a substantially stronger aircraft all around.

Missiles kill aircraft. They kill them more reliably when the target isn't designed for anything over 5G and take a direct impact.

.Impact;4015975']Yes. Missiles kill aircraft.

It's not binary and RL shows it. Depending on target aircraft, warhead and distance of detonation (and pure luck of course) you can have nothing, some damage or total disintegration and fireballs (that one you like the most).

Also missiles aren't suppose to direct hit an aircraft because:

- it's almost impossible due to speeds involved and sensors performance

- warhead detonation power is far more effective than kinematicly making a hole in the structure

- it's destruction power is not highest at the closest but a little further.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

It's a DCS difference in that players don't generally consider a "mission kill" sufficient (on either side). Real life pilots generally won't turn a badly wounded bird back into the fight to get a sneaky AIM-9 off at the risk of being utterly fireballed and never getting home again. Vice versa, nobody wants to be a killer... so if a hostile jet turns and runs, that's it, job well done. DCS pilots will chase that to hell and back for a kill credit.

Meanwhile modern missiles do most of their damage through fragmentation, piercing the jets internal systems with shrapnel in a million places, while the blast rips off the vulnerable control surfaces. In that sense I'd say the Tomcat has pretty believable damage modeling, though it could really do with better visual feedback.

Personally I feel control surface damage could really benefit from some looking at though. So far I've mostly lost jets due to hydraulic failures, with most of the softer bits still very much operational otherwise.

2: Jester and Datalink missile detection. Currently the F-14 with Jester will see every single missile launched at him as long as its not below the aircraft, as far as i have seen. Even when Jester is operating systems and the detection comes with a reliability that a human RIO could never have. Same with datalink, it seems (or seemed, maybe its fixed now, have not tested) to detect all incoming missiles, a feature that no other DL in the sim has. Are there plans to adjust this?.

F-14's radar & Phoenix missiles were designed to intercept large missiles in addition to bombers. So large missiles should & are visible on the TID DL.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

Currently, it will show any missile on datalink, which is a little unrealistic IMO. But thats a datalink issue, the AWG-9 can't detect any missiles, even the large ones (e.g. Harpoons or RB4s). Don't know if it can detect the very large ones (e.g. AS-4), but it should.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Don't know if it can detect the very large ones (e.g. AS-4), but it should.

It should, or the mission would be dead before it started.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Sort of related. Will TWS auto be able to track while maneuvering. Seems like it’s only looking straight ahead and not changing azimuth. Any news about that feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Sort of related. Will TWS auto be able to track while maneuvering. Seems like it’s only looking straight ahead and not changing azimuth. Any news about that feature?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It is still in development. Yes Auto ajdusts azimuth and elevation according to the prioritized or tracked targets.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

It is still in development. Yes Auto ajdusts azimuth and elevation according to the prioritized or tracked targets.

I2f0242c83e32a3e3f95e6edac139f2c2.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

Will we see a proper interference for pulse radar modes? DDD should show ecm, chaff, dense clouds... since you are already simulating various DDD controls these should be put to use ;)

Unfortunately, out the above, at least chaff don't exist as objects in DCS .... not sure about clouds :(

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Unfortunately, out the above, at least chaff don't exist as objects in DCS .... not sure about clouds :(

Chaff is most certainly modelled. I once took a bit in a Warthog over Tonopah Test Base. I had been pumping chaff, but the SA8 got me. I ejected at low level and landed on the base and decided to have a walk around. Some minutes later, several dark coloured "panels" came fluttering slowly down and disappeared when they touched ground.

I wondered what the Hell they were then it came to me - the chaff I had been pumping out on my gun run.

That is the only time I have ever seen it.

I posted about it at the time, I was amazed at the level of detail modelled.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.