Is the Tiger getting a cockpit facelift? - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 04:33 AM   #21
bbrz

And getting the basics right would be great too which means, being able to fly IFR with an artificial horizon that's still indicating the correct pitch attitude after e.g. a touch & go.

A F-5 that has the identical performance in a head and in a tailwind.

Despite all these shortcomings it's still the airplane I'm flying almost exclusively in DCS and I'm enjoying it a lot.

Since this is pure manual flying, I even doubt that the FWB F-16 will change this.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:46 AM   #22
Clorydric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
And ambient occlusion is included with the roughmet/PBR maps, as the red channel
Not for the exterior model, still using specular last time I checked.
And the unofficial roughmet patch red channel is based off the specular textures (instead of "shadows" included in the texture template)

I tried updating the normals for exterior while doing a 4k retex of some swiss skins, but quickly gave up.
Old 09-18-2019, 11:21 AM   #23
Nooch

I just don't get it, again and again I see people complaining about the cockpit looking old. It already got an update a few months ago and it's looking great. I mean, why...
Nooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #24
Cotoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by freehand View Post
Hi I am interested in the module is it still broken now ?

Thanks Jamie.

sorry for late reply.
I didn't fly it for over a year now, but since the bugs were kind of big, (one of the wheels would not come down, radar controls were not working and so on) my guess is they fixed it. Also since I don't see people talking about these or any big issues, makes me guess that is indeed the case. other then that, it is a simple and fun to fly, go for it.

Last edited by Cotoi; 09-18-2019 at 10:26 PM.
Cotoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #25
Magic Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cotoi View Post
sorry for late reply.

I didn't fly it for over a year now, but since the bugs were kind of big, (one of the wheels would not come down, radar controls were not working and so on) my guess is they fixed it. Also since I don't see people talking about these or any big issues, makes me guess that is indeed the case. other then that, it is a simple and fun to fly, go for it.
I think you quoted the wrong person
Old 09-18-2019, 05:52 PM   #26
Chuck_Henry

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
And getting the basics right would be great too which means, being able to fly IFR with an artificial horizon that's still indicating the correct pitch attitude after e.g. a touch & go.
I’m unsure if this is actually a bug. It’s possible that the F-5’s attitude gyro tends to precess a bit more than others. Even the one in the F/A-18 will indicate incorrectly after some dynamic maneuvering. Maybe before pushing the throttles up, take a second to re-cage it?
Chuck_Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 10:27 PM   #27
Cotoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
I think you quoted the wrong person
yes wrong person. thnx to pointing it out mate.
Old 09-19-2019, 04:41 AM   #28
bbrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck_Henry View Post
I’m unsure if this is actually a bug. It’s possible that the F-5’s attitude gyro tends to precess a bit more than others. Even the one in the F/A-18 will indicate incorrectly after some dynamic maneuvering.
Haven't tested lately, but this usually happens already after a normal traffic pattern when touching down with significant nose up attitude . As soon as you lower the nose, the AH will be off by at least 2deg.

Last edited by bbrz; 09-19-2019 at 04:44 AM.
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:13 AM   #29
Magic Zach

Let's not get off topic
Old 09-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #30
imacken
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by streakeagle View Post
Note: I fly VR about 75% of the time since getting the Rift S (previously about 50% with the original Rift), so I generally don't see the huge improvements in graphics between older and newer aircraft unless I fly with my 4K 49-inch monitor, therefore the F-5 cockpit doesn't really look all that bad to me compared to other newer cockpits.
Interesting. I find that VR shows up flaws in the cockpit much more than on a monitor.
I love the F-5, but an updated cockpit is overdue imo.
Intel i7 8700K 5.0GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · HOTAS Warthog · ThrustMaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · TM F/A-18 Hornet Stick · Valve Index
imacken is offline   Reply With Quote