Early Access Guide fixes

gerd

I'm reading through the updated manual and noticed couple of issues:

Section HUD Control Panel (page 31/32 in my copy)

2. HUD Symbology Brightness Selector Knob - description of the knob is the same as the switch in 4. HUD Symbology Brightness Selector

Section Spin Recovery (page 38 in my copy)

on several occasions there are some weird characters indicated by boxed question mark, e.g. 33° ?}1°

Section Left Vertical Panel (page 41 in my copy)

1. Canopy Jettison Handle - for consistency with the description of subsequent switches the formatting should be changed from the list to the nice blue heading.

page 72: "range data is removed because they system is unable to calculate valid data" -> the ?

page 87: "Holding down the Noses Wheel Steering (NWS) button" -> Nose ?

page 100: "Once below 150 KIAS, lower the landing geer" -> 250 ?

page 102: "roll angel of 27 to 30 degrees" -> "angle" ?

Speaking of Early Access Manual, there are two of them, "DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN.pdf" and "DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN-13 November 2018.pdf". The former seems to be the last version but I'm not sure.

I would suggest to put a version number in this document, to know which version potential corrections (like the ones above) are referring to/in which version they are completed. I'd also suggest to avoid changing the name of the document back and forth because it's most confusing when trying to keep track of them.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Page 113: "Select Horizontal Situation Indicator (HIS) page" -> HSI

Page 118: Adding or Deleting a Waypoint

"To add a waypoint: Press pushbutton 5, UFC" -> 1, WPSEQUFC

"To delete a waypoint: Press pushbutton 5, UFC" -> 1, WPSEQUFC

(Pressing pushbutton 5, UFC as suggested brings up waypoint modification menu on UFC and there is no option to add/delete waypoint)

Page 118: "pushbutton1" -> "pushbutton 1" (missing space)

@Redglyph: Not quite sure where you got the second guide - I have only one file here: DCS World\Mods\aircraft\FA-18C\Doc\DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN.pdf

Fully agree on the manual versioning - I have proposed this myself on several occasions in the past.

page 129 How to USE ICLS:

"Select ILS on pushbutton 5 from the HIS." -> 4 from the HSI

"If the glideslope bar is above the velocity vector, you are too high." -> low

"If it is below the velocity vector, you are too low." -> high

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team
Speaking of Early Access Manual, there are two of them, "DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN.pdf" and "DCS FA-18C Early Access Guide EN-13 November 2018.pdf". The former seems to be the last version but I'm not sure.

I would suggest to put a version number in this document, to know which version potential corrections (like the ones above) are referring to/in which version they are completed. I'd also suggest to avoid changing the name of the document back and forth because it's most confusing when trying to keep track of them.

We will remove this version with one of the upcoming patches.