F/A-18C Hornet | Audio Production / Overhaul

I_Gamer

V4 NOW AVAILABLE! Download now!

v4 Launch Trailer

DOWNLOAD:

Echo One Niner (Echo 19) Audio Presents: DCS: F/A-18C Hornet - Audio Overhaul

In this F/A-18C Hornet overhaul by Echo One Niner; external sounds have been replaced with our own professional recordings of real F/A-18C Hornets! This includes everything from idle, to afterburner. Hear and FEEL the raw power of the two General Electric F404 turbofans. The select few audio files that were not directly replaced have been tweaked to some extent.

\\INFORMATION////

email: info@echo19audio.com

Join our discord! https://discord.gg/M7G3gja

Support us on Patreon! https://www.patreon.com/echo19audio

or consider donating via PayPal! PayPal Donations

\\CREDITS////

Team E19:

"IntrepidGamer" - Owner/Chief Developer

"Smiley" - Lead Developer

"JBomb" - Media Operations Director

Special Thanks:

Kyle from AirshowAddict - Additional Sounds and Samples

Testing and Feedback:

Test pilot team on Discord!

ECHO 19 2019/ / / /

Setting up with OVGME:

Follow the same steps for Moltar's mod pack, with the exception of using the XML given here:

http://195.201.110.22/downloads/echo_19/echo19_na.xml

Moltar's mod-pack setup guide:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3285368#post3285368

UPDATES and ANNOUNCEMENTS

//

See changelog for full list of adjustments. Preview video below!

CHANGELOG

v4.0 (04/30/2021)
Re-work of most sounds!

v3.10 (04/14/2020)

-Tweaked afterburner and distant afterburner samples
-Tweaked distant_front SDEF to fix approach radius
-New EULA and README files
-Changed install method! Now works in 2.5.6.
-Fancy features ;)

v3.0 (9/26/2019)

- New and refined afterburner sound
- New and greatly improved flyby effects, both in afterburner and idle!
- Approach sound have also been re-worked!
- Redesigned sound definition files for more cohesion
- Several other tweaks, changes and improvements

v2.0.0 (21/02/2019)
FIXED:
- Howling siren effect in F2 view. 
- Whisking effect in F2/F3 view should no longer be audible.

NEW / TWEAKS:
- Replaced "around" sample with cleaned up, more audible version.
- Added a couple samples to some sources, plays randomly in list mode (dynamic).
- Tweaks and adjustments to several other sound-sets.

v1.1.1 (23/12/18)
- Further adjust gain on samples. Everything is just a touch louder now. ;)

v1.1 (22/12/18)
- Adjusted Distant_Flyby_S - it was creating a distracting "whisking" sound while in F2/F3. This has been largely reduced.
- Tweaked a few samples' EQ
- Adjusted some samples' gain structure

-------------

The DCS: F/A-18C Hornet is developed by Eagle Dynamics in partnership with Belsimtek. Echo 19 is not affiliated with Eagle Dyanamics or Belsimtek.

Edited by I_Gamer
New Update (V4.0)
  • Like 1

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

All things sound @ Echo 19 Audio

linktr.ee/echo19audio

• 4 weeks later...

RELEASE TEASER

I'm proud to announce that you will be able to download this overhaul, for free, on October 19th of 2018! In two short weeks, you'll be able to experience the Hornet like never before.

Stay up to date on our official website, Facebook and Patreon feeds: https://official.echo19audio.com

(original post updated)

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

linktr.ee/echo19audio

damn. Cant wait

need a beta tester ?

Actually, yes! I can take all the help I can get. Shoot me a PM. :thumbup:

Any plans for such overhaul for the M2000C? (that one really needs it) ;)

I would love to; except I'm trying to only use samples either I myself, or a staff member of Echo 19 have recorded with the new era of sound work I'm getting into. Unless you know of some good spots where I might be able to record a M2000. ;)

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

linktr.ee/echo19audio

This sounds very good.

Looking forward to its release.

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Launch Trailer!

Now available to download!

[YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]

ED Files coming soon

tenor.gif

Edited by =Buckeye=

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Awesome! Thank you for the efforts! Can't wait to add this later today!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Oh my! Do these sounds sound good! This is a must install. Thanks for the effort.

Update: I do have one issue I've found. When the aircraft is coming towards me in external view, I get a whisk, whisk, whisk sound that increases in looping cycles as the speed of the aircraft increases. It's even worse in Moltar's pack. Getting ready to do a repair to see if that will resolve the issue.

Update: Clean repair does not resolve the issue. Their is also turbine whine that is too high pitched that cycles up and down with the whisking sound. Once the aircraft gets close enough to the camera, it all goes away and the sounds sound like they should. Hoping I'm not the only one experiencing this so we can find out what the cause is. I'm going to start digging into the files to see if I can identify the sound file that has the issue.

Listened to the Whistle2.ogg and it cycles up and down. I have to wonder if that's not the file being played back at a much higher pitch/speed when the aircraft is approaching. The other suspect sound is the Distant_Flyby_Noise.ogg as it has the same pitch sound quality of the whisk, whisk sound I'm hearing. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Edited by Bananimal

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Oh my! Do these sounds sound good! This is a must install. Thanks for the effort.

Update: I do have one issue I've found. When the aircraft is coming towards me in external view, I get a whisk, whisk, whisk sound that increases in looping cycles as the speed of the aircraft increases. It's even worse in Moltar's pack. Getting ready to do a repair to see if that will resolve the issue.

Update: Clean repair does not resolve the issue. Their is also turbine whine that is too high pitched that cycles up and down with the whisking sound. Once the aircraft gets close enough to the camera, it all goes away and the sounds sound like they should. Hoping I'm not the only one experiencing this so we can find out what the cause is. I'm going to start digging into the files to see if I can identify the sound file that has the issue.

Listened to the Whistle2.ogg and it cycles up and down. I have to wonder if that's not the file being played back at a much higher pitch/speed when the aircraft is approaching. The other suspect sound is the Distant_Flyby_Noise.ogg as it has the same pitch sound quality of the whisk, whisk sound I'm hearing. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

As far as the “whisk” noise you’re hearing, I can look into that, as that’s not a normal behavior you should be experiencing. I’m not sure how you’re hearing the Whistle2 sound, unless you’re flying very fast and in F2. It is supposed to be a flyby effect.

I should also point out that you’ll have a far better result with this mod while using a F3, and F11 camera modes.

Thanks for the report!

Edit: The Whistle2 ogg doesn't play in-game anymore, it was replaced by a flyby effect. The howl sound I implemented replaced it. I think you're hearing an artifact caused by reducing the level of "noise" from the aircraft, since it was cleaned up quite a bit. Nonetheless, it still shouldn't sound this way and will be looking into it further.

Edited by I_Gamer

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

linktr.ee/echo19audio

I am in flyby mode when this happens. I pulled the whistle2 sound from the folder and tested and the cyclic up and down pitching noise goes away. So that is part of it. But, the Whisk Whisk is still there. So I pulled the Distant_Flyby_Noise.ogg and tested again, and most, but not all of the whisking goes away. I get two whisks just before the aircraft passes. With the file in the folder, I get 5 whisks before the aircraft passed. Once I get over 450 kts, it's playing so fast you hear it for a split second. But, it's the worst at 250 knots -450 kts.

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

I am in flyby mode when this happens. I pulled the whistle2 sound from the folder and tested and the cyclic up and down pitching noise goes away. So that is part of it. But, the Whisk Whisk is still there. So I pulled the Distant_Flyby_Noise.ogg and tested again, and most, but not all of the whisking goes away. I get two whisks just before the aircraft passes. With the file in the folder, I get 5 whisks before the aircraft passed. Once I get over 450 kts, it's playing so fast you hear it for a split second. But, it's the worst at 250 knots -450 kts.

Be sure you're installing the mod correctly - the game no longer should be using the "Whistle2" sound. Check the SDEF file associated with the Whistle2 and make sure it is pointing to a different audio file.

- - - - - - - -

Tyler "Shadow"

linktr.ee/echo19audio