Total noob needs help with update - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-18-2018, 11:15 PM   #1
Gianky

Default Total noob needs help with update

Hi there.

As I wrote in the title, despite having had DCS for a long time, I played it so few that I'm basically still a noob for many things.

So, I just built a new PC and I installed again everything (DCS World is 2.5.2.20143 stable) and just finished to download the Spit yesterday: I was expecting to have all the new toys to play with, but, while I do have the CW version, I, for the life of me, can't find bombs or drop tanks.... when I get to the mission editor and try to build a flight group, the hardpoints are there, but there are no loads available.

So, what am I missing?
Gianky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 11:47 PM   #2
razo+r
Veteran

Press "New" on the bottom to create a new loadout, then you can edit and mount what you load on your plane.

Rig: Maximus VII Ranger, 4790K @ 4.00 Ghz, MSI GTX 980 Ti, 16 GB non-oc RAM, 250 GB SAMSUNG EVO 850 SSD, 2TB HDD, Win 10 64-bit
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:04 PM   #3
zcrazyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianky View Post
Hi there.

As I wrote in the title, despite having had DCS for a long time, I played it so few that I'm basically still a noob for many things.

So, I just built a new PC and I installed again everything (DCS World is 2.5.2.20143 stable) and just finished to download the Spit yesterday: I was expecting to have all the new toys to play with, but, while I do have the CW version, I, for the life of me, can't find bombs or drop tanks.... when I get to the mission editor and try to build a flight group, the hardpoints are there, but there are no loads available.

So, what am I missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by razo+r View Post
Press "New" on the bottom to create a new loadout, then you can edit and mount what you load on your plane.
it seems to be that there are no pre made load outs as there are so few options, maybe if we had more drop tanks?
zcrazyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 10:58 AM   #4
Gianky

Quote:

Well, now, I surely couldn't let this perfect opportunity to embarass myself in front of the whole Internet go to waste, could I?

Thanks, razo+r, everything's in order. As zcrazyx pointed out, the lack of premade loadouts (and profound ignorance of how the editor works) fooled me into thinking there was something wrong.
Gianky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:14 AM   #5
HotTom

Quote:
You lost me (not unusual).

On the bottom of what?
Old 08-21-2018, 09:08 AM   #6
saburo_cz

in mission editor
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #7
DeepDrummer

Loadouts seem to be saved to each task separately such as cas or cap etc.
If you change your task you will have to make new loadouts for that task.
This behavior is normal just as an fyi when you run into it.
Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.
"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth
DeepDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:31 AM   #8
HotTom

Thx!