Radar modeling

Harlikwin

On 7/22/2022 at 9:07 AM, draconus said:

That I did not know as far as implementation goes. Of course it should be like that but is it really in DCS? Ex. is Su-27 with two jamming pods better in ECM than MiG-29S with internal one?

On Su-27, one of the pods is used for receiving and the other one for transmiting.

Edited by Cmptohocah
  • Thanks 1

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

34 minutes ago, Cmptohocah said:

On Su-27, one of the pods is used for receiving and the other one for transmiting.

Is the pair always required? Do they provide better efficiency vs some single internal ECM?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

21 minutes ago, draconus said:

Is the pair always required? Do they provide better efficiency vs some single internal ECM?

No idea to be honest. I just know from the manual that one is used as receiver and the other as a transmitter. I am not sure what capabilities of the ECM suite on MiG are, but the ECM on the Flanker has at least four or five different modes.

Edited by Cmptohocah

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

17 hours ago, draconus said:

It's required, I think it's because of their wingtip location, they had to be smaller than a US-style ECM pod, so the Russians split it in two, transmitters in one, receivers in the other. Obviously you need both for the jamming to work, without a receiver, you have no way to tell what you're trying to jam.

• Thanks 2