[OUTDATED] Av8BNA Paint Kit.

Timghetta

Haven't made any skin yet, but I'm tempted to attempt something simple, say, adding the Swedish Airforce livery (gray with Gripen-like decals) as an alternative where the Viggen was replaced with Harriers for the attack role since it fits very well with the defensive modus operandi.

And maybe someday down the line attempt something difficult, such as a camo version similar to the Viggen paintjob.

Swedish%20Harrier%2C%2010s-M.jpg

Edited by Sephyrius

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on a fictionnal JASDF livery at the moment. I know it might interest just me but as Japan considered at one point to acquire AV-8 i thought i should give it a try.

cf6aa9defba2612b93f239fd490dded2.png

It'll interest more than you know.

It's looking very good.

on ma mobile

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Working on a fictional RNoAF livery loosely based on their old F-104's

WfeTtof.png

Sverre, that looks great; I noticed that you are running into the same issue I am with the wheels on the bogeys; they lose their texture somehow. I am using GIMP, and had to turn off some layers relating to the wheels to even get my layers to show up (correctly placed under the Day Paint group).

Does GIMP break the layering of the original template? Should one preferable work with Photoshop instead?

I know enough to work with layers etc., but I am not familiar with all the nuances between Photoshop and GIMP.

Using GIMP as well and got the issues you described. The layer groups doesn't seem to work as it should as it covers your livery completely instead of just some parts like the tires or pitot tube.

I don't see this problem on joey45 or Sergeiev's liveries - or the preview in the OP of this thread.

This is how it looks with the "pitot tube" layer group selected:

uW1diRy.jpg

and this is with the "gear paint" layer group selected:

iFYKOcd.jpg

As you can see none of my livery is showing with these layer groups selected.

Put your livery painted layers in the folder that says "liveries go HERE!" Depending if you have Night style skin or Day style, and hide one of them you are not using.

PS_Layers.png

Use the correct FS colors and let the AO and highlight layers do their work to make it look realistic.

Edited by Timghetta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

This is a sample of a livery we would use to make a Night Attack version (shrunk to 1024 here, normally 4096)

8fhcqIvgtXpSYoZCedxwes1glCHV3fMO6pKsB0Za1-Jh0iwqSGfKPHDLAA9j85Uupri1jHrN4yn5qDY1pQ7w=w3840-h1966-rw

We would put this in the Night Attack Paint folder and in the folder that says "Liveries go HERE!" the Day Attack folder will be hidden since this is a dark colored Night Attack plane.

Everything else will stay the same, and save as dds DXT1 with mipmaps since it doesn't use an alpha.

The Paint Kit does all the work, so you don't have to mask much off. Just have to put it in the correct layer that is shown Blue in the graphic in the post before this one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We take the Metal and bring it to Mesh

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the comments. I believe this is how I have structured my layers in GIMP, but it does not appear to be 100% compatible with how things are done in Photoshop (I have seen something similar with other paints kits before). I may have to dump GIMP for liveries and invest in a Photoshop subscription.

@Gimp users. I think I found the issue...

Gimp doesn't understand layer masks on folders. Thus one must duplicate/merge the layers...

I'm currently playing around with the PS test version...

It's a bummer that Gimp isn't working with the files the way we'd like. I really like Gimp. But this probably explains why I couldn't make car skins in Assetto Corsa either.

EDIT: If anyone happens to adjust these so they work with Gimp let us know. I downloaded the PS trial but I just messed around with it for a little over half an hour and I don't think we're getting along. I'm not going to have time in the 7 day trial period to learn it and make any skins. Oh well. Thanks.

Edited by 311Gryphon

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How do you hide the borts numbers in description.lua?

livery = {

{"AV8B1", 0 ,"RAF_Camo_1",false};
{"AV8B2", 0 ,"RAF_Camo_2",false};
{"AV8B3", 0 ,"RAF_Camo3",false};
{"AV8B8", 0 ,"T8_1",false};

{"AV8B_T1_FUSE1", 0 ,"RAF_Camo_1",false};
{"AV8B_T1_FUSE1", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T1_FUSE10", 0 ,"RAF_Camo_1",false};
{"AV8B_T1_FUSE10", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T2_FUSE1", 0 ,"RAF_Camo_2",false};
{"AV8B_T2_FUSE1", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T2_FUSE10", 0 ,"RAF_Camo_2",false};
{"AV8B_T2_FUSE10", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T3_FUSE1", 0 ,"RAF_Camo3",false};
{"AV8B_T3_FUSE1", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T3_FUSE10", 0 ,"RAF_Camo3",false};
{"AV8B_T3_FUSE10", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T3_TAIL1", 0 ,"RAF_Camo3",false};
{"AV8B_T3_TAIL1", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T3_TAIL10", 0 ,"RAF_Camo3",false};
{"AV8B_T3_TAIL10", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"AV8B_T3_TAIL100", 0 ,"RAF_Camo3",false};
{"AV8B_T3_TAIL100", DECAL ,"empty",true};

{"pilot_AV8B_patch", 0 ,"empty",true};
{"AV8B1", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"AV8_T1_RoughMet",true};
{"AV8B2", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"AV8_T2_RoughMet",true};
{"AV8B3", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"AV8_T3_RoughMet",true};
{"AV8B4", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"AV8_T4_RoughMet",true};
{"AV8B7", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"AV8_T7_RoughMet",true};
{"AV8B8", ROUGHNESS_METALLIC ,"AV8_T8_RoughMet",true};

}

name = "Camo 01"

countries = {"UK"}

From one of mine..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I've created a pair of generic modern RAF GR.7/GR.9 skins, one in standard grey and another in winter camo (grey and white), neither skin has squadron insignia or aircraft identification numbers.

I've also added an RAF style Pilot with grey helmet and RAF patches.

ULDtu3Q.png

JYJbkmX.png

sLPCz1e.png

8fFYFH0.png

ufgBYxd.png

sOgo8JS.png

I tried to upload the skins to the ED website, though it doesn't seem to be working (I've not uploaded anything to it before though), so I've uploaded it to dropbox for now:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6afuowlz5r00f08/MJDixon%20Generic%20RAF%20Harrier%20GR.9%20Skins.rar?dl=0

Thanks. :)

• Like 3