Is the Reputation system bugged?

Vitormouraa

Of course. This is not EDs "mistake" if we can call it this way...

Thanks for pointing that out.

[TABLE][sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]|

[/TABLE]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree, that from a standpoint of gaining rep, helping new/low rep power people is not beneficial.

Agreed, same here. And I also think that a simple post of the kind "Thank you for the help" is worth a lot more to me than receiving reputation. Though I like to take both if I can get it. :D

On a side note, I think more and more members visit the forum using smartphones and apps - which don't seem to display this whole reputation thing that we see on the web version. Some people even said they had a list of people they wanted to +rep as soon as they visited the forum with a traditional browser because their app made it waaay to difficult (or impossible? not sure) to +rep posts, so that might play an increasing role in seeing less rep being spread.

@FlightControl, just one more thing: When I type a reputation message, I usually consider it personal, like a personal message. I don't see much harm in the above posted screenshot, but anyways, making this public might not reflect the intention of the people who gave you +rep.

Some people even said they had a list of people they wanted to +rep as soon as they visited the forum with a traditional browser because their app made it waaay to difficult (or impossible? not sure) to +rep posts, so that might play an increasing role in seeing less rep being spread.

Haha, yes, that's me. Someone gave me a hint on how to give rep despite those mobile browser problems (opening the link behind the + button in another tab works), but until then I really had that list.

I rep people pretty often, especially new users who are trying to be helpful and/or add something to the community like mods or so.

But honestly, I think many people don't care. I didn't even notice there was a rep system for years, only discovered it in 2013 or so.

• Like 1