DCS F/A-18C OFP 13C, Lot 20, ATFLIR Thread - Page 417 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-30-2018, 07:47 AM   #4161
Oban

REAL F18 Pilots have to adapt to changes in flight systems.. why can't you??

No matter how deep you keep looking into all these "issues" at the end of the day, this is a $50/$80 sim, that's once again in an early release, and will never be a substitute for sitting in the real workspace of an F18.

You are always on about realism, since when has it been realistic to use a scroll option to push buttons, turn dials, and activate switches, you're making things over complicated, it's not meant to be a stepping stone towards being able to fly a real F18, it's for entertainment only.

I appreciate you simply want it to be as accurate as the real thing, in terms of functions and switches, but unless you have that home built F18 pit, and the correct HOTAS system with every switch and dial and knob fully functioning, etc it's never going to be anything other than entertainment on a PC.

It will be interesting to find out though, the specific OFP related to the Bu# of the aircraft that ED used as the basis of this module.

i7 7700 @ 2.8 Ghz
16 GB RAM
128 GB SSD
GTX 1050 4GB
Windows 10 64 bit
Oban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:28 PM   #4162
Vitormouraa
Veteran

IT'S OUUUUT!!! Finally!

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:21 PM   #4163
Weasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitormouraa View Post
IT'S OUUUUT!!! Finally!
Only the changelog is out. But the hornet comes very soon
Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #4164
Lithion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
Only the changelog is out. But the hornet comes very soon
Updater is just overloaded, it's letting me enter the game without the new update, then when you go to download the 'Bug, it's missing the latest version

FCIII, L39C/ZA, CA, AJS-37, F/A-18C, Persian Gulf
Lithion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:02 PM   #4165
CVSiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oban View Post
REAL F18 Pilots have to adapt to changes in flight systems.. why can't you??

No matter how deep you keep looking into all these "issues" at the end of the day, this is a $50/$80 sim, that's once again in an early release, and will never be a substitute for sitting in the real workspace of an F18.

You are always on about realism, since when has it been realistic to use a scroll option to push buttons, turn dials, and activate switches, you're making things over complicated, it's not meant to be a stepping stone towards being able to fly a real F18, it's for entertainment only.

I appreciate you simply want it to be as accurate as the real thing, in terms of functions and switches, but unless you have that home built F18 pit, and the correct HOTAS system with every switch and dial and knob fully functioning, etc it's never going to be anything other than entertainment on a PC.

It will be interesting to find out though, the specific OFP related to the Bu# of the aircraft that ED used as the basis of this module.
REAL F/18 pilots dont have to deal with conflicting versions.. you will never get in a LOT 13 that has LOT20 features. I agree 100% with him on that.

As a 10 year Hornet Avionics tech of all the LOTs up to 15 it can get very confusing when working on multiple versions. especially with the library of manuals for each LOT aircraft.

Also FYI. these entertainment sims are better than even the full dome sim we had in 1990 when I was working on the real thing. I got to fly it all the time. and compared to this it was prehistoric.
CVSiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:26 PM   #4166
Vitormouraa
Veteran

It's out (for real now)

http://updates.digitalcombatsimulator.com/

SplashOneGaming is a community of viewers, players, and content creators built on combat flight simulation. Flowing through our veins is years of flight simulation experience in a multitude of different platforms. We welcome and encourage all of you to join us, whether you are seasoned or green, looking to learn, teach, or just trying to find someone to fly with.
Discord
Website
Vitormouraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:29 PM   #4167
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVSiN View Post
REAL F/18 pilots dont have to deal with conflicting versions.. you will never get in a LOT 13 that has LOT20 features. I agree 100% with him on that.

As a 10 year Hornet Avionics tech of all the LOTs up to 15 it can get very confusing when working on multiple versions. especially with the library of manuals for each LOT aircraft.

Also FYI. these entertainment sims are better than even the full dome sim we had in 1990 when I was working on the real thing. I got to fly it all the time. and compared to this it was prehistoric.
ED has to do much of the research and development of systems on their own, with limited help on systems and such from Boeing and SMEs. Its part of the ride when developing these sims, you either fill the holes with information from other similar or close versions, or you leave it out.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:40 PM   #4168
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston85 View Post
I thought the hornet had serious colaboration from Boeing and government.
They had some help, yes. But Boeing isnt going to lay out everything for any company. No company would.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #4169
sze5003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston85 View Post
I thought the hornet had serious colaboration from Boeing and government.
I mean this is proprietary info especially dealing with weapons systems and information. Boeing is under certain regulations from government and what not, to not disclose certain information.
I interviewed with Boeing for a developer position a while back..can't say anything specific but they deal with a ton more than just your average 737. There were like 5 security check points to go through just to get to the room.

We have what's closes to a real thing for a consumer and yea while it may teach you about the aircraft it's not like you can hop in the real thing tomorrow and have it go like it did from your desk.
Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey
sze5003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-18