mouse control pointer

sollymans

Hi there,

I am new here and am just starting to get to grips with all the controls of this aircraft after a month of experimenting and playing!!. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that has taken the time to put together all the rookie threads, they really are an enormous help.

I have a question though. The mouse pointer seems to disappear from the screen if the mouse is not moved for a set number of seconds. I have a track ir 5 I wanted to experiment using that to point the yellow cross to a switch and then left click using a button on my joystick.

I can do this while the cross stays visible but after it disappears you have to move the mouse to bring it back.

Does anyone know if there is a line of code in an LUA that tells dcs to fade out the yellow cross pointer after a set number of seconds. Or can I just move the X and Y control movements for the mouse to the track IR LUA so that head movement fools the code into thinking the mouse is still being moved?

Thanks again for all your help and look forward to meeting some of you in multiplayer once I have mastered some of the in game missions.

• 1 year later...

Need to dig this up as I have the opposite problem. The yellow mouse pointer is always there and does not fade away. Recently cleaned out Cougar HOTAS including firmware and fresh installed everything. The mouse functions fine in every other aspect as a mouse pointer and a slew control for TADS and TGP and Maverick. Anyone ideas?

• 1 year later...