Red Flag Rumble - New Year's Eve

IronMike

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't manage to watch, had to go out :( but all ok ok Comms?

Looks like it was a successful event! Well done all :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Will there be a TacView of the whole thing published?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Didn't manage to watch, had to go out :( but all ok ok Comms?

Looks like it was a successful event! Well done all :)

Thanks man it went really well!

The comms were a little bit of a hurdle but all in all I think they worked out great.

The consensus was that users who newly installed the mod were not prepared very well in terms if their volume being too loud and also not being able to hear other people very well. But people who set it up were ok. I actually mentioned in the debrief that I would reach out to you about SRS so it's great to see you checking in thanks mate!

While I appreciate the answer is simple, it needs to be set up before use, we wondered if there was anyway to make the set up of the volumes a little easier for new users.

We've committed to using it in all our events next year come hell or high water so our community will gradually see it as the norm when flying in these events.

We're also going to make more of a push for its use on our Dedicated Server on a daily basis as its been live for a long time but doesn't have the usage that other servers do, that's something we hope to change next year.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

Firefly here: Vampyre I friendly killed you my bad. So sorry- swear I hit a Viggen!!

No worries, it happens. I just grabbed a cold one, threw a steak on the grill and tuned in to Mavericks stream to enjoy the rest of the event... Scottish accents are always entertaining to listen to especially when the excitement level goes up and the expletives start flying.:thumbup:

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

The memes continue, I actually got an a2g kill, shortly before i got quite literally stabbed in the back with a maverick. :D

b8450f8d6cdeced70616018c5c55047e.png

4a61ab40fe72567863745dee689b1cca.png

Gotta say these 120kg mine warhead mavs are the most reliable anti air warhead in dcs.

Makes very sure, that the target is _very_ dead.

Thats puts red at 2 total a2g kills, the politbureau declares major victory! ;D

Very nice stream coverage from Maverick ! :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

Hopefully people really enjoyed themselfs on the RED side for most of the time.

I've actually lost some sleep, thinking about what I and WE should have done.

If I ever get the chance to be an Air Boss again, on these great events from the 104th :thumbup:, I'll know better how to organize the team and WILL most definitely take the necessary time to do so, even if it means giving a head start on time for the enemy team.

WE WILL BRING BACK THE MIGHT OF THE MOTHERLAND AND MAKE PUENY CAPITALISTS FEAR IT !

*USSR anthem starts playing*

Back to sleeping now (and dreaming:pilotfly:), Cheers :joystick:

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Hopefully people really enjoyed themselfs on the RED side for most of the time.

I've actually lost some sleep, thinking about what I and WE should have done.

If I ever get the chance to be an Air Boss again, on these great events from the 104th :thumbup:, I'll know better how to organize the team and WILL most definitely take the necessary time to do so, even if it means giving a head start on time for the enemy team.

WE WILL BRING BACK THE MIGHT OF THE MOTHERLAND AND MAKE PUENY CAPITALISTS FEAR IT !

*USSR anthem starts playing*

Back to sleeping now (and dreaming:pilotfly:), Cheers :joystick:

You should have no worries Shadow, you stepped up and took on the toughest task in the these events. Having you there was better than not, I think you helped many out, thanks for that.

These events give us the opportunity to learn and improve and besides having tons of fun learning is what it's about. Great to hear you're already planning on what to do to make it better for yourself, i'd advise as Air boss to be a constant voice on guard, don't wait to be asked make it your job to be the boss man, controlling the fight, constantly keep groups informed on bandit references, friendly references but most importantly as you see fit. But don't get too engrossed and try and micro manage. You have the big picture so control your guys and keep them supporting each other, remember the more info you can give these guys on bandits and friendlies the more their situational awareness grows.

Yesterday felt a bit of a rush, I think the SR set up messed a few peoples heads up and i'm sure this rush and disorganistion affected most yourself including, I think you have a good understanding of what to do next it's just a case of imposing yourself on Guard and realising how crucial continued calls are. Being a great Air Boss is about having a good tactical understanding of the airframes involved and toeing a fine line between being firm and direct but considerate for the flights own comms, stray too far either way and things don't go so well.

Thanks for your efforts yesterday Shadow it was much appreciated. :thumbup:

Edited by Frostie

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

;3340725']Thanks for taking part guys, full stream replay is available below

We are hard working on the scores and will post the results as soon as we can.

Have a great new year guys, thanks for your support this year, we'll see you in 2018 for some more epic PvP action!

Awesome stream, Maverick! I think you caught most of the action and this zooming in and out looked really cool. New guys could also learn something about the 104th and the people involved. You always kept it funny and exiting.

Was there anybody/server recording a TacView? Mine didnt record a thing.

I hope the judges will also take missile defence and surviving the whole thing into account. :music_whistling:

Well, I managed to get the F-5 taxiing while Flight waited for me. The, luckily, nose bobbing like crazy, I managed to get flying without crashing. I knew how to get the radar on so I turned it on. GCI told me to turn it off. Next, get the AIM-9 up and running. It was wonderful to hear the familiar growl. I lost my flight within a minute. I checked F10 to make sure I didn't get too close to the no-fly zones only to hear GCI try to get me on the radio. I finally checked in with him who, I think, told me that bandits were at a bearing and were within 10 miles. I wondered, "Merge?" I think I heard him tell someone (me???) that missiles were out. I looked around to see the tracking trails heading for me around 4 o'clock. Defensive. (How to drop tanks???) More incoming.... then I got hit. 20 minutes of preparations, 2 minutes of flight, 15 seconds to figure out I was about to die, then Boom.

Oh, how much of an embarrassment I must have been! But... I didn't crash on landing! :music_whistling:

I feel bad that a reserve pilot would have done better than I did. I feel that I just didn't have enough training to be a serious help to the competition but, rather, a hindrance. For that, I apologise to everyone.

I do thank the 104th and all the pilots for having this competition. Maybe next time, I will do something that I have more experience with.

Don’t feel bad- you enter events and you learn. Get yourself on Cold War on 1.5- learn lots about the F5 there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you everyone who ran the event and to everyone who was in it! Was a blast!

(my view of it don't make fun of the landings lol)

Cool to see our merge from your point of view...

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

I've been flying flight sims since way back, and been enjoying ED since Lock On. Funny that in all these years this was my first event, but I had great time flying with all of you! I will be back again.

"It's amazing, even at the Formula 1 level how many drivers still think the brakes are for slowing the car down."

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

;3340846']Thanks man it went really well!

The comms were a little bit of a hurdle but all in all I think they worked out great.

The consensus was that users who newly installed the mod were not prepared very well in terms if their volume being too loud and also not being able to hear other people very well. But people who set it up were ok. I actually mentioned in the debrief that I would reach out to you about SRS so it's great to see you checking in thanks mate!

While I appreciate the answer is simple, it needs to be set up before use, we wondered if there was anyway to make the set up of the volumes a little easier for new users.

We've committed to using it in all our events next year come hell or high water so our community will gradually see it as the norm when flying in these events.

We're also going to make more of a push for its use on our Dedicated Server on a daily basis as its been live for a long time but doesn't have the usage that other servers do, that's something we hope to change next year.

Yeah really I guess its as you say - best to spend 5 minutes setting it up once rather than a panic setup as a match is about to start. :)

For the volume setup - the thing to hammer home is you MUST use the Preview Audio button to get your Mic Boost right. What a lot of people seem to do is drag that slider all the way up and go for it. I guess to solve this I need a first time user window that pops up and lists some common setup things that should be done and some advice of where things should be set to make it easier as I know the docs are a bit spread out.

Really glad to hear you're committed to using it more!

I'm going to post a longer post about this at some point but I'd really like to get as many servers as possible using this as its easy to run alongside a dedicated server. With Radio expansion turned on and one or two common frequencies set in the briefing it should be easy enough.

If anyone ever has any issues - I'm happy to help on Discord here: https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey If im not around, just post issue and I'll reply when I'm free. Its just me that develops and supports so I can be a little slow to get back!

Thanks again for trying it and running it for the event! Have a good new year. :)

• Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Yeah really I guess its as you say - best to spend 5 minutes setting it up once rather than a panic setup as a match is about to start. :)

For the volume setup - the thing to hammer home is you MUST use the Preview Audio button to get your Mic Boost right. What a lot of people seem to do is drag that slider all the way up and go for it. I guess to solve this I need a first time user window that pops up and lists some common setup things that should be done and some advice of where things should be set to make it easier as I know the docs are a bit spread out.

Really glad to hear you're committed to using it more!

I'm going to post a longer post about this at some point but I'd really like to get as many servers as possible using this as its easy to run alongside a dedicated server. With Radio expansion turned on and one or two common frequencies set in the briefing it should be easy enough.

If anyone ever has any issues - I'm happy to help on Discord here: https://discord.gg/Hb7rYey If im not around, just post issue and I'll reply when I'm free. Its just me that develops and supports so I can be a little slow to get back!

Thanks again for trying it and running it for the event! Have a good new year. :)

Thanks buddy, we will stay in touch most definately, it is a great tool and we've been finally using it for the past 3 events.

Whatever we might collect along the way we will let you know. One thing for instance, adding to what Maverick mentioned, and I don't know how feasible that is to do, but it would be great for events: is a couple of dedicated airboss or GCI slots on the client side that allow for the use of 10 or even more channels.

Since I can only do that as the hosting server, for instance, when I command the mission for both sides now, I still have to change TS channels or resort to whisper, etc. That being said, it would even be great to have an uber admin channel who can communicate with both coalitions despite the coalition lock being in place. Is that too far fetched from the realm of doable?

Many thanks again for your many great contributions to this community, Ciribob! S!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks buddy, we will stay in touch most definately, it is a great tool and we've been finally using it for the past 3 events.

Whatever we might collect along the way we will let you know. One thing for instance, adding to what Maverick mentioned, and I don't know how feasible that is to do, but it would be great for events: is a couple of dedicated airboss or GCI slots on the client side that allow for the use of 10 or even more channels.

Since I can only do that as the hosting server, for instance, when I command the mission for both sides now, I still have to change TS channels or resort to whisper, etc. That being said, it would even be great to have an uber admin channel who can communicate with both coalitions despite the coalition lock being in place. Is that too far fetched from the realm of doable?

Many thanks again for your many great contributions to this community, Ciribob! S!

Unless im misunderstanding - you can already use a GCI Radio - just hop into any slot thats not got an aircraft attached to it - JTAC, Game master etc (or more crazily, get a plane and crash into the ground) - hit the AWACS overlay button in SRS and you'll get 8 Radios you can use :)

It is actually possible to run multiple radios in this mode with 2 tiny LUA changes allowing you to have a crazy number of radios if you wish!

For having an uber admin that can listen in on both sides with Coalition security enabled - that would be much tricker and require a lot of work unfortunately so definitely wont be any time soon - if at all as it goes against the point of the Coalition security.

Instead, you could just not turn on Coalition Radio security - set presets for Opposing sides that don't overlap and list channels for everyone else with something like this like we do for BlueFlag:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LYS-K2EBGBZ1RjD0UGUdOkAXJBGw3mmRQZ2cSsdbJao/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Ask people not to step into enemies channels but really I'm not sure how much you'll gain in the heat of the battle unless you get the enemy GCI to vector you somewhere! :D

Or - only hand out frequencies in secret to each side. If you stumble across them from manual tuning, then you get some free Intel!

Ha! Awesome, I thought you could only do that as hosting server. Well that already will help a lot in the future. cheers!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

We would like to congratulate the winners of the event!

The winners have been announced here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3344554#post3344554

CONGRATULATIONS!

Many thanks to 104cdt_Tiger for taking the task of scoring upon him. Many thanks to 104th_Maverick for streaming the event. Many thanks to both 104cdt_Fallen and Shadow for contributing as GCIs!

To all of you who went empty handed - I hope you took away still a ton of fun and great moments to remember and do not worry, your chance will come soon again. In the end, it is all about flying together, less about winning.

Thank you all for participating and special thanks to Heatblur Simulations for their generous sponsorship.

S!

Heatblur Simulations

Congrats to the winners!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440