Gunsight as ME option

Tarres

Maybe in a future update the option for the Gunsight could be moved from the "Special options" tab to the ME options tab along the "solo flight" and the other option, I don't remember the exact name.

I think that could be better to have his option in the Mission editor rather than in the module options to make this feature linked to a particular mission rather than a global parameter.

Thanks in advance and Happy new year.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Why no having it as a load out switchable on the ground also?

Most of the times I use the C as a aerobatic platform but if I mount the weapons on the ground I am stuck without the gunsight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe in a future update the option for the Gunsight could be moved from the "Special options" tab to the ME options tab along the "solo flight" and the other option, I don't remember the exact name.

I think that could be better to have his option in the Mission editor rather than in the module options to make this feature linked to a particular mission rather than a global parameter.

Thanks in advance and Happy new year.

+1

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

Actually, I'd like just the opposite. I'd like it to be my choice.

I just love a solo L-39C with no gun sight or hood for free flight (I love the ZA, gun sight and all too!). It is a shame I can never fly one in MP (AO server had one, but edited it away in latest mission change). The hood is great for what it does, but it is not used often enough to be in every plane. It is a view blocker when looking back.

All I can do is ask mission builders to include both options in the '39C, but I know the world doesn't always turn my way. :)

I just can't fly solo play DCS.

• 1 month later...

Add "dismount hood" to that menu and I'm all in. :)

+1 because in on "open" MP server i am to scared to allow someone in the back...

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

• 1 year later...

+1 :thumbup:

The Albatros cannot stay like this! The gunsight should be moved to the loadout tab in ME, in the same slot as the NS 430.

How can we ask development team to make it happen?

Edited by Scifer

I do not own NS 430 but according to what I have read, NS 430 should be in the front cockpit if you unmount gunsight and in the rear cockpit if you keep gunsight mounted. Is this not that way? Could you check and report, since I'm interested in buying It?

correct ! started the sim to check it :) was skeptical about the gps module at first, but I like it, is better than fsx one, even if its more of a pixelated view (you could use bonus points to purchase the popup version required & the L39 3d gps in separate purchases and you spend less cash from card than the combined offer :)

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

• 6 months later...
Why no having it as a load out switchable on the ground also?

Most of the times I use the C as a aerobatic platform but if I mount the weapons on the ground I am stuck without the gunsight.

+100

Today, after some weeks, I came back to the L-39C and wanted to fly in an open freeflight server. I just wanted to practice some navigation flights using the NS 430. However I could not use it because I could not dismount the gun sight anymore. This option was meanwhile removed from the special options for the albatros and was instead put into the ME options. At first I thought for whoever's sake, WHY this? What a SILLY idea!! :(

But at a second thought I would now strongly suggest to make these options available in the ground reload menu for the albatros such that one is not hooked on specific servers/missions with dismounted gun sight and enabled NS 430 or trapped into the opposite.

Even better would be if it could be removed/fitted by the ground crew. Same goes for the gun camera and IFR hood.

abolutly

The underground is where I dwell at, It's where I find my heaven, and where you find your hell at :music_whistling: