Black Shark 2: Are the Tutorials In Program?

ErichVon

Hi,

I have not played in awhile here.

Just purchased a new Alienware Aurora-R3 with 2 GT 545 cards in SLI in a RAID0 setup of two hard drives that is overclocked to 3.9GHz. I purchased it to run this DCS sim maxed out.

Does Black Shark 2 include the tutorials like the couple patches did of the older version, before they omitted them?

If not, is there a workaround using the tutorials?

My older machine was just not fast enough to play Black Shark.

I have the older version on my other machine. I figured I would copy the modules over to my new machine, one by one and piggy back them, then purchase the new patch for the #2 update. How do I work the fee for switching the older to a new PC and new operating system. I now have Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.

Or maybe it would be easier to just purchase the newbie flat out. Might be less painful.

I found the 1.1.0.9 version of A-10C to Best Buy last week for $40 in a boxed set in English, not Steam. I bought it for the new machine and then updated it with the 2 newer patches. Man, I can, now play DCS with rather high frame rates.

Problem is, I've been playing the other sim I like to play and will have to relearn what I forgot.

If anybody needs help with Alienware tweaks, I know a few.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by ErichVon

I know I'm off topic, but why did you pay more for

1- an alienware

2- 545gt in SLI?

You could have save a lot of bucks building your PC yourself, and would have better performences with 1 more powerfull card instead of 2 weaker

Edited by genbrien
Do you think that getting 9 women pregnant will get you a baby in 1 month?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mobo: Asus P8P67 deluxe Monitor: Lg 22'' 1920*1080

CPU: i7 2600k@ 4.8Ghz +Zalman CNPS9900 max

Keyboard: Logitech G15

GPU:GTX 980 Strix Mouse: Sidewinder X8

PSU: Corsair TX750w Gaming Devices: Saytek X52, TrackIr5

RAM: Mushkin 2x4gb ddr3 9-9-9-24 @1600mhz

Case: 690 SSD: Intel X25m 80gb

Hey, I'm having a little trouble understanding your question. But I think you want to upgrade to 2 on the new machine.

Just install BS 1 on the new machine, then pay for the upgrade and install it.

As for tutorials, there are none I'm aware of. If you must, take a look at the BS 1 tutorials before jumping onto 2. The game is pretty much the same apart from all the enhancements.

If you can run the game maxed I'll be impressed. My computer is pretty fast, but maxing out draw distance and all the other graphical options would probably give it an unplayable frame rate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Crosshair VIII hero wifi, 3800x w/ Enermax 360 AIO cooler (push-pull), 32gigs DDR4 Ripjaws 3600, Win 10 home on a Plextor PCI-E x4 3gb/s HD, EVGA 2070 Super FTW3 ultra+, Soundblaster Z

Rift S, M$FFB2, CH Pro throttle, Saitek pedals

BS2, A10C, P51D, SPITFIRE, FC3, Uh-1H, F86, Mi-8MTV2, SA342, MIG21-bis, AV8BNA, F14, F16, FA-18C, SUPERCARRIER

I know I'm off topic, but why did you pay more for

1- an alienware

2- 545gt in SLI?

You could have save a lot of bucks building your PC yourself, and would have better performences with 1 more powerfull card instead of 2 weaker

You forgot to knock the nVidia 3D... And my case is all black with weird color lights.

I scratch built a machine just about two years ago, all parts from NewEgg. Made some mistakes, though not uninformed decisions, re: TomsHardware and others. So, I did the process.

The GT 545 in dual SLI is better than the single GTX 260 I am typing this on, though it is adequate. The GTX 580 is still too expensive. My current power pack is more than adequate to run the 580 as is the Alienware case to cool it. Lots of good reasons to buy a Dell Alienware. Their tech department is not as bad as from the hearsay I have heard others complain about. I'm happy. But Dell is not as good as they used to be.

Would I buy another Dell?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was USA Navy a lot of years. One thing I learned is, live with it, make the best of it, make it work, quityourbellyaching.

Are you speaking from experience? Ever own an Alienware?

Yeah, I should have, but I didn't. I regret it, but I will keep it. I can gut it all out and rebuild it if it becomes necessary and without Dell.

Alienware machines were very good before Dell bought them. Well, there were issues. But, it works great, now.

My recommendation to anyone contemplating buying a Dell---D_O_N_'_T !!

My 2004 purchase, Dell Dimension 3000 was a great machine in its day. I never had a problem with it. I rebuilt it several times with mostly non-Dell parts and it still runs with Ubuntu on it. Thinking about using it with my milling machine and convert it to all CNC with a dedicated CNC programming utility for it.

Edited by ErichVon

Hey, I'm having a little trouble understanding your question. But I think you want to upgrade to 2 on the new machine.

Just install BS 1 on the new machine, then pay for the upgrade and install it.

As for tutorials, there are none I'm aware of. If you must, take a look at the BS 1 tutorials before jumping onto 2. The game is pretty much the same apart from all the enhancements.

If you can run the game maxed I'll be impressed. My computer is pretty fast, but maxing out draw distance and all the other graphical options would probably give it an unplayable frame rate.

I have the tutorials on my dual boot homebuilt. One hard drive is Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit; the other drive is Windows 7 Home Premium, 32-bit running a less intensive antivirus to gum up the works. I put the latest patch with the tutorials on the 32 bit drive.

It just seems odd to me, to create a new product and not make it easy for the beginners. I can fly the dam thing, but I can fly the Warthog better.

Maybe I can add the tutes to the game.

Maxed out was my intention in Warthog, but I see it still bogs down, but my frame rates are much faster even in a snowstorm with lots of A.I. around.

Thanks for the reply.