Hello I'd like some help taking off please

mrbobo

Turned auto-hover off and attempted to follow the fellow in the video by keeping it level while dropping vertically down 5 at a steady speed than gently pulling up to slow forward momentum. Seems alot better I think, although can barely line up with the airfield strip, always squinting.

Ordered a fairly cheap flight stick off amazon, should be arriving tomorow.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ThrustMaster-2960623-Thrustmaster-USB-Joystick/dp/B00006AMA2

Was it landing at 3:12? :) I think there's not much to comment on as you should start from scratch again by watching the training video and trying to make your landing at least resemble the one presented. Don't give up! Still one comment from me: you shouldn't fly backwards. Ever. Also point your camera slightly to the left or right (left preferred) to get a better reference of the ground.im

Same for the liftoff. You have to mimic what's presented on the training video.

Additionally:

- always record your tracks with [RCtrl+ENTER] controls indicator

- it looks like you don't trim. Learn about it.

- forget about open fields. Practice over airfields. Do take offs and landings near buildings or light poles. They serve as altitude reference quite well.

Edited by Bucic

It's no flaw. Whatever the reason for this is, it's there because at 4m the radar sensors will be ineffective - perhaps to the point where they will receive so much noise that they might drive the AP to crash you on the spot. These things are not disengaged casually.

But the SAS works perfectly fine at any altitude >= 0. I don't see any inherent problem with this system and low level operation. At least not in the way it is simulated.

So why on earth should it not work fine with Auto Hover on? And even if there was/is an explanation, I still think the wise choice from an interface designers point of view would be to disengage Auto Hover instead of the SAS channels.

On top of that, I think it is a fundamental design flaw to disengage such a system without any additional notice given to the pilot in a clear and noticeable manner, e.g. a warning beep, warning lamp, VMS readout, master caution, stick shake or something like that.

This may be aggravated by the lack of peripheral vision, but at least in my case the chopper will already be crashed or recovered before I even notice the flashing lights on the right panel.

The joystick I bought works but it's not picking up the thruster. I tried the same with Sturm and same problem, everything works but the thrust accelerator, any ideas?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ThrustMaster-2960623-Thrustmaster-USB-Joystick/dp/B00006AMA2

Ed: No matter, problem was looking at button config rather than axis

Edited by mrbobo

The joystick I bought works but it's not picking up the thruster. I tried the same with Sturm and same problem, everything works but the thrust accelerator, any ideas?

Make sure it's assigned to collective rather than throttle. The throttle should always be left in AUTO unless you've lost an engine in which case (Surprise Surprise) you put the functioning engine one up to Emergency.

Always remember. I don't have a clue what I'm doing

you call that ^ a stick? BUHHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!! :lol::megalol:

But seriously, who told you to buy that? Finance bottlenecks or....

Cuz you could've shelled out some extra 8 quids or so, and got yourself the mighty

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

When I'm using the auto-head movement tracking (makes the helicopter turn to my target while using my head-peice aim) it seems to work for a while then just stop working. Any idea whats up their? The Helicopter isn't damages. It just seems to stop working after a while.

I'm pretty sure auto-pilot was off. Although when I turn left or right the helicopter seems dog determed to return back to the same position. I'm gussin it's probably one of the blue buttons used for handling the helicopter causing this?