1.5.2 Performance Issue

dburne

Can you please take a look at the KA-50 Convoy Hunt single mission?

I updated to 1.5.2 little bit ago.

Something does not seem quite right here. I flew that mission many times in the previous builds, and did not see performance this low.

First I will say, I tried the cold start instant action mission, and it was awesome - frame-rates like 190 fps with 99% GPU usage. I was like wow, this is incredible, performance has gone way up.

So I loaded up the attack convoy single mission, first thing I notice on the runway at the start, my frame rates were like 30 fps. I took a quick glance at my video card monitoring, and it's core speed was maxed out as it should be.

But, the GPU usage was only like 35%.

As I progressed into the mission, the GPU usage would slowly climb to eventually like 70%, giving me around 70 fps.

The cold start mission however, stayed around 99% with awesome framerates.

I tried it with both true full screen ( alt+enter) and not, was the same.

Was not sure if this would be an actual bug, but I have flown that mission so many times in the previous builds, this one stuck out at me like a sore thumb...

Thanks,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

How did you update? My updater still doesn't show any new updates.

Same here. I keep hearing of others having it but mine is quiet. I'm wondering if they are doing some sort of rolling update to different areas to prevent server overload?

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Additional observation:

In this same mission, F2 exterior view at the start on the runway the GPU usage immediately goes up to 99% and 150 fps, drop back to cockpit view, GPU drops down immediately to 35% and 30 fps.

Edit: no scratch that, that was in exterior view looking straight on the chopper, once I panned it around in F2 view and was looking ahead, the gpu usage dropped like a rocket and frame-rates went down to like 35%... strange.

Maybe it was doing this in the previous 1.5 build, but I really do not think so - don't recall ever seeing frame-rates that low in 1.5 and I flew this mission many times over. It is obviously directly related to the GPU usage it is seeing. Video card running full bore on core and memory speed.

Hope this information is helpful.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Can you please take a look at the KA-50 Convoy Hunt single mission? ...

Just a thought (I don't have the KA-50), have you tried loading that mission into the editor and then saving it back out into a temporary location and then trying that version? Perhaps it needs updating for 1.52?? Might be worth a try.

i7-4790K@4.7GHz : EVGA 1070 SC : 16GB Corsair Vengence Pro : 2xEVO 840 SSD : EVGA 850W PSU : CORSAIR H100i Cooler : ASUS Z97-AR MB : CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D FULL TOWER

Just a thought (I don't have the KA-50), have you tried loading that mission into the editor and then saving it back out into a temporary location and then trying that version? Perhaps it needs updating for 1.52?? Might be worth a try.

Have not given that a try yet, not very familiar with the ME just yet, will take a look at it tomorrow , wife and I heading out for a night out here soon.

Thanks,

Don B

I´ve tried the same mission before and after 1.5.2 update.

Exactly the same FPS in both test.

45-48 over the runway. Solid 60 FPS flying everywhere. Maybe the parking Hinds and Il-76 take a little tool over FPS until you left the runway.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Wow. TGP making big fps hit since update. Just making note. GTX 780, 16 gigs ddr3 Core I7 950 windows 10 64bit trac ir5 G940

Yes TGP/Shkval is FPS killer.

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

No FPS hit on the TGP here

Inno3d RTX 2070 Twin X2, ASUS STRIX Z270E Gaming, Intel i7 7700K, 32GB Corsair vengeance, Kingston Hyper X FPS Alloy Cherry MX Red, Logitech G102 Prodigy, Track Ir 5, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Rudder pedals, Beyer Dynamic DT770, Acer CB280HK 4K monitor, Win 10 Pro 64bit

I'm also experiencing performance issues.

Edited by spacenavy90

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| Mi-8MTV2 | MiG-21 | M-2000C | F-86F | P-51D | BS2 | UH-1H | FC3 | CA 1.5 | A-10C |

i7 2700k --EVGA GTX970 --16Gb RAM --Seiki 39" 4K --Saitek X-55 Rhino --Saitek Pro Flight Pedals --TrackIR 5 --Win10 x64

same here. As its not a big hit I definitely got a overall hit on different missions with different modules of a stable 80 to 90 fps to 60 to 70

i7-6700K / Msi Z170 Board / Kingston 32GB DDR4 / Msi GeForce GTX 980 4G / BQ STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 700W / Fractal Define R5 Black / Alpenföhn "Brocken 2" / Samsung m2 980 Pro 1TB/ WD Blue 2TB / Windows 10 Pro

I think the clue on this one would be in the GPU usage numbers and why it is so low at the start of the mission ( 35%). Obviously the lower that number the lower the fps.

I do not remember the exact numbers in this mission in prior build, but am confident it was not that low.

As mentioned earlier, in the cold start instant action, my GPU usage was like 99% and fps were very high. Whereas at the start of this single mission ( Attack Convoy), it starts out at like 35% and fps in the cellar.

I just don't know enough about the actual gpu usage numbers and how a game relates to that being utilized to understand what might be going on.

I just know that there is a significant difference in the performance in this particular single mission, compared to flying it in the prior build.

It is as noticeable as the difference in the Cold Start instant action mission, except in that one it was the other way around, my fps skyrocketed in that particular mission ( and gpu usage was very high).

Don B

Well I messed around with it a little more and nothing seemed to really make a difference.

I guess I will just leave it with this observation:

1.5.2 seem to offer significant performance improvements in some areas, when the GPU is being utilized fully the framerates are splendid. Way higher than I was getting in 1.5.1 in certain missions. But it may be the framerates were capped in 1.5.1 and was just not displaying the full potential as well.

Likewise, performance in other certain missions has declined. Seems to be directly related to the much lower GPU usage for that mission.

I do not know if any of this would actually qualify as a bug, but am hopeful the feedback is at least helpful to the devs.

Don B

• 1 month later...

This update Kill my FPS and Sttuterings..:mad:

I can not believe it, When working in Beta, is perfect! when they make the leap to 1.5.2. break all :doh::doh:

incredible

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 4790K 4.0Ghz

MSI z97 GAMING 5

G SKill Ripjaws 1600 4x8Gb 32Gb

2x120Gb Ssd Kingstone

Seagate Barracuda 1Tb

ASUS GTX980 TI Strix 6gb

corsair CS750W Modular

Saitek X52 Pro 7Years Old jaja :joystick:

Saitek Rudder pedals

TrackIR5