Cobra's new avatar

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG it's just an avatar. Really people. :)

I swear that some of you must see Jesus whenever making grilled cheese. ;)

Edited by Blaze

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

OMG it's just an avatar. Really people. :)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1819583&postcount=16

Ah but this time its not wags :P

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Ah but this time its not wags :P
Probably Blaze wanted to point Wags' words. :)

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Exactly.

Cobra has an established track record of putting solid hints in his avatar.

His avatar consistently hinted at the Tomcat before its announcement.

-Nick

well then, lets decrypt his pic...

IF you google cobra-goat you get pictures of cobras strangling goats...

you know what else strangles goats!?!?!

vipers...

DCS F-16 Confirmed! :P

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

Illuminati Confirmed

well then, lets decrypt his pic...

IF you google cobra-goat you get pictures of cobras strangling goats...

you know what else strangles goats!?!?!

vipers...

DCS F-16 Confirmed! :P

I have just been told that the F-16's wing is triangle shaped.

I believe this has been done by the Illuminati...................................... If this is a thing, I am very excited!!!! :):):):)

~C. Wyatt

I fly anything that without engine(s), it falls like a brick... and well everything else will too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Viper doesn't match any of the other clues we've gotten. The Corsair's been a favorite for a while, but got dropped because we knew 2 of the modules out of the 3 weren't it, and it seemed like a Zero or a Reisen would be more likely after the landing gear picture, though this will likely cast doubt on that now.

F-4 Phantom???

If Cobra has a black sheep on his avatar?

A phantom is dark, and the goat is dark and black.

The F-4 is named the phantom.

-------------

-------------------

-----------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAM!!!!:) F-4 phantom is a possibility!

MiG-21's were like killing baby sheep compared to the Phantom.

They're already working on getting shared cockpit for the F-14.

Phantom has two people.

~C. Wyatt

I fly anything that without engine(s), it falls like a brick... and well everything else will too.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Corsair?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baa_Baa_Black_Sheep_%28TV_series%29

After the corsair-ish cockpit in the teaser-image some time ago this settles it for me.

Awesome bird, glad it is somewhat confirmed now!

edit: Also, enter "black sheep" into Google, the avatar is one of the first pics to pop up. So, for all intents and purposes it is a "black sheep".

Edited by Viersbovsky

Callsign "Lion"

But now here's the big question. If the 1st plane is the Tomcat, and the 2nd is the Viggen, and the third is the Corsair, then what the heck is the landing gear pic from, because a lot of people were thinking the zero.

So does this mean that the Zero is one of the theater assets being made, and will be AI flyable only?

Did you say 'Ram'?? A-7E Corsair II confirmed!! ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VFA-83

With all the tension built around anticipating the announcement, I can probably only get disappointed once it finally comes. :)

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Wait what?... Viggen?... If anybody is saying that there is the smallest chance that Leatherneck is making Viggen I might shit myself

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Wait what?... Viggen?... If anybody is saying that there is the smallest chance that Leatherneck is making Viggen I might shit myself

For a brief time Cobra's avatar was an obscure close up of a missile. Obscure unless you knew the picture, which was some Swedish anti shipping missile. His next avatar was a Swedish coat of arms. The missile was tested on the Lansen, and fielded on the Viggen, so most of us have pretty solidly locked the Viggen as "Project B".

If i had to bet now,

I'd be inclined to bet on the Corsair II as the final aircraft,

Both VF111 (which uses a variation of the IJN flag) and VFA 83 used the Corsair II at one point or another. The second reason is that it would make for a nice counter to the MiG 21Bis, which is in dire need for something that it can face on a roughly equal footing.

Leaves you with the Landing gear, which is most likely a version of Japanese plane ( A6M, Ki 84, Ki 43, Ki 44, and various others), (Although the F4 Phantom, F16, F2 also utilize a gear not unlike it, as does the P38) however not one they plan on modelling for sale, but as AI aircraft to fly against. Given the relative performance of the Corsair against Japanese types, its the most likely they are going for a 44 scenario for their campaign, limiting the amount of engagements that would be challenging enough for a campaign and a map.

I'm still betting on VMF-214 with the F4U-1 in the Solomons, late 1943. The F4U Corsair cockpit was also on their "new year" banner and it was mentioned in their prior interview that their next release would be closely connected to their name - Leathernecks are Marine pilots.

This makes sense to me with the available clues, but only LNS knows at the moment.

-Nick

If i had to bet now,

I'd be inclined to bet on the Corsair II as the final aircraft,

Both VF111 (which uses a variation of the IJN flag) and VFA 83 used the Corsair II at one point or another. The second reason is that it would make for a nice counter to the MiG 21Bis, which is in dire need for something that it can face on a roughly equal footing.

Leaves you with the Landing gear, which is most likely a version of Japanese plane ( A6M, Ki 84, Ki 43, Ki 44, and various others), (Although the F4 Phantom, F16, F2 also utilize a gear not unlike it, as does the P38) however not one they plan on modelling for sale, but as AI aircraft to fly against. Given the relative performance of the Corsair against Japanese types, its the most likely they are going for a 44 scenario for their campaign, limiting the amount of engagements that would be challenging enough for a campaign and a map.

I think you're confusing the Corsair and the Crusader. The A-7 Corsair is a ground attack aircraft, affectionately known as the SLUF, the F-8 Crusader is the "Last Gunfighter".

As much as I think the Crusader is right up LNs alley, it matches none of the clues so far. Much more likely the F4U.

USMC Aviation is closely connected to three main fixed wing aircraft. The F-4U Corsair, The Phantom and the AV-8. I would be pleased as punch with any of those aircraft, but the Phantom IMHO makes the most sense as it is a rival to the Mig-21.

Rotary wing wise the H-53 would be great fun, as well as the CH-46.

Toten

Tiger-Spit-Viggen-Fishbed-Sabre-Dora-Kurfurst-Mustang-Huey-Warthog-Hip-Black Shark Driver (Not necessarily in that order)

MSI 970A-G40 MoBo, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, Patriot Viper 24 GB DDR3, Nvidia Ge Force 1060 3 GB GPU